How Soon?

gordo nation

49 minutes ago, gordo nation said:

I feel like the timeframe for hiring a new coach seems to be much shorter than most of us would like it to be. With this being said, what are your predictions for when a new head coach is announced?

I hope that it's pronto.  Somewhere around the time of the Frisco Bowl.  The first priority is beating Boise.  The second priority is to finish recruiting for 2023.  I'm not quite as concerned about recruiting, however, because I think that Walerus does a helluva job.    

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

There are likely already some finalists from Wren's list lined up and interviewed, but wait through today & maybe tomorrow for outside entries to roll in.  You never know what kinds of resumes will come in.

We can be reactive (wait for the resume') or proactive (make a call) to judge interest.   I say we make a short-list of former and current college head coaches and call them!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

We can be reactive (wait for the resume') or proactive (make a call) to judge interest.   I say we make a short-list of former and current college head coaches and call them!!

Right.  I’m trying to say, I bet the Proactive calls have already been made.  Likely started after the UAB loss at the latest.  Guys that Wren & Neal already knew they liked & were available.  But, there could be some dudes who weren’t thought of that want to give it a go.   We owe it to the candidate pool to allow those entries to come in.   Everyone who would consider it are definitely aware & are either already in, or will be by eod tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

I’m curious about the search committee.  Is it Neal, WB, and Mosley’s Rolodex or do we have an actual company helping in the search?  I have no idea how this, or the AD search is done. Anyone willing to educate?

Probably all of the above.   The search firm helps with lining up guys who were only aware of NT's opening AFTER it came available.   Wren's & Mosely's contacts/targets have probably already been interviewed.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Probably all of the above.   The search firm helps with lining up guys who were only aware of NT's opening AFTER it came available.   Wren's & Mosely's contacts/targets have probably already been interviewed.

Thanks, man. The GMG podcast mentioned a search firm also, I just hadn’t heard anything before that.  Hope we find the next coach to raise the standard…again. GMG!

Edited by Glory to the Green
Typo
  • Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

Thanks, man. The GMG podcast mentioned a search firm also, I just hadn’t heard anything before that.  Hope we find the next coach to raise the standard…again. GMG!

The role of the search firm has evolved.  Now with so much info on coaching candidates available online, the search firm mainly provides confidentiality and sets up interviews.  Candidates don't want to be uncovered as looking around by their existing schools.  They are basically like an agent or broker that gets paid a percentage of the total contracted amount.  In the old days they represented candidates and would come up with lists.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dannymacfan said:

The role of the search firm has evolved.  Now with so much info on coaching candidates available online, the search firm mainly provides confidentiality and sets up interviews.  Candidates don't want to be uncovered as looking around by their existing schools.  They are basically like an agent or broker that gets paid a percentage of the total contracted amount.  In the old days they represented candidates and would come up with lists.

Appreciate the info. Thank you. 

• Upvote 1