hire A.D. 1st ?

wardly

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Looking at the returning roster, NT should be loaded next year with the big exception of the QB position.

The Transfer Portal works both ways.  Players we don't want to lose started getting calls from recruiters LAST NIGHT saying "hey kid tough news about Seth, since you don't even know who the coach will be at North Texas, you need to just transfer over to our University. We can get you playing on Sunday in a few years, if you stay in Denton who knows if you'll even be playing on Saturdays next season."

31 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

The school could save a lot of money if they just gave control of the AD to the loyal members of GMG.com.

What a wonderful idea! I'm always inspired how we all coexist and work together so well on The Eagle's Nest forum.  Productive conversations that are never shut down prematurely by our internet admin overlords are the hallmark of GoMeanGreen.com. 

🤣

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
Grammar

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

What lesson was learned?    Wren extended Littrell not once, but twice.   Littrell was his guy too.   

I have no doubt Wren voiced his opinion of Littrell to Neal for quite a while now.   And if he wasn't hired away by WVU, the release would have come from Wren himself. 

Wren is still on the NT payroll.  He hasn't left campus.  Was at the basketball game Saturday evening.  He doesn't start at WVU till the 19th.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Wren is still on the NT payroll.  He hasn't left campus.  Was at the basketball game Saturday evening.  He doesn't start at WVU till the 19th.

Where did you hear or see this?

He's already been introduced as their new AD:
https://www.si.com/college/westvirginia/football/watch-wvu-ad-wren-baker-press-conference

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

https://www.si.com/college/westvirginia/football/watch-wvu-ad-wren-baker-press-conference

"Baker begins his duties at WVU on Dec. 19 under a six-year agreement through Dec. 31, 2028 and will earn a yearly compensation of $1.1 million, plus incentives."

https://www.wsaz.com/2022/11/30/reports-wvu-hire-wren-baker-athletic-director/

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He was at the Basketball game in Denton on Saturday after being introduced as WVU's new AD earlier in the week.

• Upvote 1

Just now, NT80 said:

"Baker begins his duties at WVU on Dec. 19 under a six-year agreement through Dec. 31, 2028 and will earn a yearly compensation of $1.1 million, plus incentives."

https://www.wsaz.com/2022/11/30/reports-wvu-hire-wren-baker-athletic-director/

Well,  it sounds like Wren is using his vacation time to prepare to move, as Neal named Mosely the Interim AD at the same time he fired Littrell.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Well,  it sounds like Wren is using his vacation time to prepare to move, as Neal named Mosely the Interim AD at the same time he fired Littrell.

And that's perfectly fine.  I have no issues with Neal being the one to let Seth go and naming Mosely as Interim.  One article said Mosely was the odds favorite to get the AD job permanent.  Again, maybe that would speed up the coaching search and vetting process?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NT80 said:

And that's perfectly fine.  I have no issues with Neal being the one to let Seth go and naming Mosely as Interim.  One article said Mosely was the odds favorite to get the AD job permanent.  Again, maybe that would speed up the coaching search and vetting process?

I'm not going to be mad if it's Mosely, but if it's not, I doubt the new guy is going to balk if NT makes a great football hire.   And with our resources in place, and the money we pay, we're going to get a lot of great applicants for this hire.

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

What lesson was learned?    Wren extended Littrell not once, but twice.   Littrell was his guy too.   

I have no doubt Wren voiced his opinion of Littrell to Neal for quite a while now.   And if he wasn't hired away by WVU, the release would have come from Wren himself. 

Yeah, at that point SL is Wren's hire.

21 hours ago, NT80 said:

I have never, EVER heard of someone on terminal leave making major personnel announcements. 

if Baker had been in charge Sunday, he would have made the announcement. Since he was no longer in charge, Smatresk did. 

• Eye Roll 1