Bryan Harsin

NT80

21 minutes ago, NT80 said:

He is exactly the type of HC that we need.  Young (46) experienced HC at G5 and P5 levels.   Former OC at Texas.  

7-5 at Arkansas State.

61-19 at Boise.

9-12 at Auburn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Harsin

Being good at Boise doesn’t make you special. Being great at Boise does. Every coach hired since 1998 has won more than 70% of their games there.

Edited by Cr1028

7 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

Both his ASU and Boise tenures started after other coaches really built those programs up.  While he somewhat maintained them (not really for ASU), his output was noticeably less than his predecessors.

This aspect concerns me way more than any part of his Auburn time.  Auburn was a dumptster fire long before BH arrived on the Plains.

7 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

Both his ASU and Boise tenures started after other coaches really built those programs up.  While he somewhat maintained them (not really for ASU), his output was noticeably less than his predecessors.

How is 61-19 over 7 seasons at Boise less output?  Lol

12-2

9-4

10-3

11-3

10-3

12-2

5-2

Should be considered/interviewed if he's interested.    

Y'all need to stop looking at P5 records, and start looking at G5 records if the guy has coached at our level. 

Again, Sonny Dykes' record at a P5 prior to his SMU stint was 19-30.   His G5 record prior to SMU was 22-15.   I think we can all agree he was a home run hire for SMU.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Should be considered/interviewed if he's interested.    

Y'all need to stop looking at P5 records, and start looking at G5 records if the guy has coached at our level. 

Again, Sonny Dykes' record at a P5 prior to his SMU stint was 19-30.   His G5 record prior to SMU was 22-15.   I think we can all agree he was a home run hire for SMU.

this times a 1000%. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Travis said:

I would say yes to Harsin.  Kind of a meathead and a guys guy if you know what I mean. But, his results at BSU were solid and he was a great recruiter here too. (I live in Boise so that's why I say here)

Dude knows what he is doing. 

This.   We need someone from the start that knows what they are doing on the G5 level.  Past G5 level HC experience is the way to go for us.