Team meeting

Coach_1976

Smart Move - Take control of the situation and lead these young men who many are very conflicted with ideas of loyalty, anger, disappointment, the unknown, lost mentor and friend. 
This is just a life lesson and information and discussion can calm some of this back down. Some will leave regardless and or some probably were going to try the portal anyway, regardless of this big change. JMO 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, gordo nation said:

I really wish it could've worked out with Seth. He's a class act and I think it speaks highly of him that even in moments like this, mean green nation is pouring out love and support to Seth and his family

Administration obviously wanted it too based on the amount of rope they gave him. SL is a great dude and I hope he kicks ass where ever his next stop is. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

17 minutes ago, untbowler said:

classy of SL to come back and say bye to the players, no doubt he loved them. Classy of WB/NS/JM to allow SL to do all of this. Agree with others, the admin probably did not mean for the news to break last night. 

They had a thorough statement out within 10 minutes of GMG chatter and those things typically take a few hours for draft, review and approvals. It all felt very intentional all the way down to making sure GMG broke the news first. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Administration obviously wanted it too based on the amount of rope they gave him. SL is a great dude and I hope he kicks ass where ever his next stop is. 

I hope so too... unless it is in AAC. If he takes/gets the Tulsa job NT needs to kick his behind on the recruiting trail and on the field every year NT plays them.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Coach_1976 said:

Coach Littrell came in and got to tell players bye. 

Coach Bennett addressed the team with upcoming schedules and practices

then both president and Interim AD spoke. AD asked kids to wait and see who they hire before looking around

Not a lot of big news, but some news 

Very well handled on all sides by the looks of it. I may be looking to much into it but does this mean they have a target zeroed in on and think he will be good and exciting enough for the players to want to stay or just a general statement?