Texas Arlington (12/6/22)

CMJ

21 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

The game should have been over several times. Again Tylor is the only one who can make over half of his free throws, when we got the calls. Aside from all the aforementioned missed calls, it looked like Perry had been wrapped around before the ball went out of bounds with 10 seconds to go, although I was in the other corner.

I don't understand why he/we didn't call a timeout when trapped?  We had like 3 remaining.  Reset and throw it in again.

On 12/6/2022 at 7:11 PM, eternalmtg said:

Also...why is our logo different on every espn+ video? Some just SOW, some white, some green some black. It's confusing branding.

Only school colors should be used, GREEN and WHITE.

And we should never be listed as N Texas. Our university branding dictates North Texas or UNT. Other schools would immediately issue a cease and desist letter if media outlets were monkeying with their branding.

4D266244-4797-417E-900E-85FB6F4B5580.jpeg

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

It is curtained off. The upper deck wraps around the whole arena except for behind one basket, so the lower level probably seats 4000-4500.

The upper deck is more for aesthetics than function. It does encircle three quarters of the court but it is only five rows deep. That building with it's 4000 seat lower level would be an excellent volleyball facility for North Texas.

4 hours ago, ADLER said:

The upper deck is more for aesthetics than function. It does encircle three quarters of the court but it is only five rows deep. That building with it's 4000 seat lower level would be an excellent volleyball facility for North Texas.

I don't know if we could fill 4,000 seats for volleyball but I do agree we need a bigger, non-high school building for the ladies. I was jealous of how close to the action you can get at College Park Center.

23 hours ago, BleedingGreen said:

Free throws must improve.  I would like to see Moore and Morgan get a few more meaningful minutes as you never know how injuries can continue and cause more need for them.  

By this point in Coach Mac's tenure, it seems pretty obvious that he will only play guys he trusts no matter what. I was at the game, and it looked like Hodge had to talk him into playing the big Drake transfer. Maybe he sees something at practice, but I think he would play with 4 before he would put he someone he doesn't feel comfortable with. Really frustrating that Morgan in two years hasn't been able to earn that trust but I won't question a guy who has led us to three straight championships. Go Mean Green.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 12/7/2022 at 7:40 AM, BillySee58 said:

If anyone was concerned that a tight win against a bad team might hurt our NET, we actually moved up to 67 from 69. Not great but just glad it didn’t hurt us there.

I didn't think the margin of victory mattered in NET. I thought it was just the Quad 1-4 thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, BigWillie said:

To be fair, this was changed in the 2020-2021 season as you have illustrated and removed scoring margin. Efficiency isn't quite the same thing.

Thanks for the heads up. I hadn’t seen a new formula, and even in an article (from this season) I was reading they were still referencing the one I had up. 

Edited by BillySee58
  • Downvote 1