Texas Arlington (12/6/22)

CMJ

The game should have been over several times. Again Tylor is the only one who can make over half of his free throws, when we got the calls. Aside from all the aforementioned missed calls, it looked like Perry had been wrapped around before the ball went out of bounds with 10 seconds to go, although I was in the other corner.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

The game should have been over several times. Again Tylor is the only one who can make over half of his free throws, when we got the calls. Aside from all the aforementioned missed calls, it looked like Perry had been wrapped around before the ball went out of bounds with 10 seconds to go, although I was in the other corner.

He was obviously pushed without any call. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

53 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Also a missed goaltending that should’ve been two points for us, a couple extremely ticky tack calls on Ousmane, and Huntsberry getting hacked twice on the arm on drives to the rim that they called clean. I really hate bringing up bad refereeing as an excuse, but the zebras earned it today.

I try not to as well because I feel like over the course of a game, it should balance itself out on both sides and/or players should adjust to match the officiating but this was just odd. Guys getting called for going straight up, guys getting called for having inside positioning on the opposing player's offensive rebound and/or put back. Just bad officiating. And the Perry "turnover" getting overturned to call Perry out of bonds at the end of the game? Looked really close and unless they were able to go frame by frame, I don't see how you can overturn based on what we got on TV.

• Upvote 3

I thought the refs made a ton of bad calls, both teams were in the penalty with over 10 min to go.  Because of the refs the game was closer then it should have been. 

As far as UNT goes, free throws need to improve, and we gave up to many offensive boards.  It was also a little concerning that they had trouble imbounding the ball when it counted.  

It did seem that a lot of UNT fans made it to the game, cant wait to see the turn out next year when we play at SMU!!! 

• Upvote 6
  • Puking Eagle 1

My greatest takeaway is the green takeover last night. Our fans mostly arrived before the UTA students did. What a performance from the fans. I wonder how the UTA players felt running onto the court to a sea of boos? Later, our crowd drowned out their lineup announcement with boos and "Who cares?" chants. It probably motivated them to keep the game close all night, but I'd love to go through the replay and listen to the Mean Green crowd.

Edit: I hope we play at SMU on a weekend next year. I suspect that atmosphere will be more intense. Now we just need the cowards at TCU to step up to the plate!

Edited by Matt from A700
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

An aside for those that what NT to be a basketball school and drop football.  I know that is very few, but was a  prevalent topic years before.

Look at that UTA crowd and the announcers thought it was great compared to their norm.  

That was supposed to be 2000, looked more like 500

Most of the not-UTA-students in the crowd were wearing green.

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

If anyone was concerned that a tight win against a bad team might hurt our NET, we actually moved up to 67 from 69. Not great but just glad it didn’t hurt us there.

Not to get into the fine print, or craziness… I have no idea about this NET but did we jump passing 2 teams (either because we won and they lost or they didn’t play) or did 2 teams over us drop down below us because of losses, or off night?

either way I’m happy we improved even though I have no idea what it is.

15 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I’ve never liked UTA and these broadcasters are further entrenching my dislike for UT-Almost 

Didn't realize until watching the replay that the Mavs' play-by-play was/is Jared Sandler, one of the Rangers' radio guys. Looks like they rent a lot of their broadcast team. The emcee was the same girl who does the Wings and Panther City Lacrosse Club.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ExADofficeIntern said:

Not to get into the fine print, or craziness… I have no idea about this NET but did we jump passing 2 teams (either because we won and they lost or they didn’t play) or did 2 teams over us drop down below us because of losses, or off night?

either way I’m happy we improved even though I have no idea what it is.

It’s more likely that greater than 2 teams dropped from in front and greater than 0 teams moved in front.

Edit:

I just want to clarify that if 14 teams lost or had tight games against worse teams that were in front, and 12 teams behind us had better wins, the net difference is we move up 2 spots.

I don’t know if that is where the term “NET” comes from.

Edited by MeanMag