Proud of Neal and Leadership at UNT

Marcelo

1 minute ago, Marcelo said:

For the first time, I truly feel that UNT is ready to prove it is going to seriously compete at a higher/relevant level. The leadership at UNT for the first time fires a FB HC right after making the conference championship game and elevating the bar of success. To me, this is real proof that our leadership is serious about UNT doing what Houston, TCU, UCF, Cincy have been able to accomplish over the past decade +. I hope for the right hire, having our FB program win the AAC within the first couple of years and establish and sustain national relevance.

As for Seth, he certainly was the right hire at the time and I respect him and thank him for a job well done at UNT. Now it's time to become nationally relevant and change perceptions about the mean green. Nothing less than the ladder will do for North Texas! 

GMG! 

Absolutely agree

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Marcelo said:

For the first time, I truly feel that UNT is ready to prove it is going to seriously compete at a higher/relevant level. The leadership at UNT for the first time fires a FB HC right after making the conference championship game and elevating the bar of success. To me, this is real proof that our leadership is serious about UNT doing what Houston, TCU, UCF, Cincy have been able to accomplish over the past decade +. I hope for the right hire, having our FB program win the AAC within the first couple of years and establish and sustain national relevance.

As for Seth, he certainly was the right hire at the time and I respect him and thank him for a job well done at UNT. Now it's time to become nationally relevant and change perceptions about the mean green. Nothing less than the ladder will do for North Texas! 

GMG! 

Great post.  I concur.  It feels like a Big Time move.  Neal has some stones.

• Upvote 7

A little proud sure, but they knew the outcome of this year. Maybe a conference championship appearance wasn't in the books, but a blowout loss in the postseason was all but guaranteed based on Littrell's record.

Should've been done last year, but glad they had the stones to do it regardless.

• Upvote 5

To your point and mentioned before - We we’re waiting to see if .500 ball was good enough for the present administration as this place has a bad track record on supporting athletics OR might it finally be time for UNT to stand up and recognize that s great athletes can help your college programs and surely has a positive impact on your name recognition in the street. 
Thank you Neal for leading the way !  Season Ticket Holders and NT Fans won yesterday from my viewpoint 🏈😎

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, shaft said:

This is the absence of leadership.  Firing a coach when no AD is dumb.   Firing a coach the day of your bowl announcement is dumb.  Transfer portal about to light up.

It alway was going to light up.  Kids hate going 7-7.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, shaft said:

This is the absence of leadership.  Firing a coach when no AD is dumb.   Firing a coach the day of your bowl announcement is dumb.  Transfer portal about to light up.

Sorry Shaft, I can't dig it.

Timing is unlucky, that's all.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

The timing sucks. And that IS a problem. I am not really sure all that much was gained by not firing Littrell after the Memphis game (or even the UNLV one). It will create trouble for next season.

However the bigger point is: has there ever been a UNT president who not only thought that sports was important for the universites future, and who not only thought that .500 was not good enough, but who actually was willing to fire a coach and put real money behind that kind of thinking? I doubt it. That IS major progress of more importance than the timing issue. It means the administration is serious in an all new way.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, drex said:

There is more going on than Shaft is privy to...believe me.

No AD, No Coach, no chance in this bowl game.  Players are on there way out and now the remaining players have to be re-recruited in the middle of actual recruiting.  There's a lot more going on, it's a total shitshow.

And this where I call @drex out.  Name the next coach today!  You claim you have inside information, I say you're a liar.  Name the next coach today and I'll log off permanently.  

• Puking Eagle 1

11 hours ago, shaft said:

Do you really think this was done with no thought put into how it might all play out?  This decision has been in the making for a month or so.  It wasn’t a member of this knee-jerking message board who made the decision.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1