My Conspiracy Theory

NT93

Wren has known since UAB at the latest that the chances of SL coming back next year were slim, so he likely already has a list of potential replacements.  

Wren obviously knew that he would be leaving.  Hopefully he informed the powers that be of his imminent departure and a list of his replacement is also compiled.  

If these two things are possibly true, we may not be in as bad of shape as it appears on the surface.  Hopefully the  hiring process for both of these men has already been going on behind the scenes.  That’s my hope anyway.

Anybody know any facts or have any insights that have any merit, unlike my theory.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, NT93 said:

Wren has known since UAB at the latest that the chances of SL coming back next year were slim, so he likely already has a list of potential replacements.  

Wren obviously knew that he would be leaving.  Hopefully he informed the powers that be of his imminent departure and a list of his replacement is also compiled.  

If these two things are possibly true, we may not be in as bad of shape as it appears on the surface.  Hopefully the  hiring process for both of these men has already been going on behind the scenes.  That’s my hope anyway.

Anybody know any facts or have any insights that have any merit, unlike my theory.

Sounds reasonable.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, rws69 said:

Speaking of theories......

Did UNT accept a local bowl thinking supporter dissatisfaction with Seth would limit support for travel to a bowl game? 

I’m not sure you accept or decline bowl invites nowadays.  I think you’re just told where you’re going.  I guess you could decline after being told where you’re going, but at that point you just wouldn’t go to a bowl.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, rws69 said:

Speaking of theories......

Did UNT accept a local bowl thinking supporter dissatisfaction with Seth would limit support for travel to a bowl game? 

I suspect NT took the bowl game that ESPN dictated.  Thinking that NT was not good enough for the bigger events in the area.  

Rice with a worse team and no fans actually got a much better bowl. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, NT93 said:

man... that's a lot of assumptions for a guy who couldn't even get the video board to work on the north side of the stadium

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1