Jyaire Shorter in portal? (Unconfirmed)

ntmeangreen11

When I was searching the term north texas on twitter a tweet popped up saying something like "Pitt has interest in North Texas transfer WR Jyaire Shorter" I replied and asked if he was really  in the portal because I can't find any information confirming that, and then the tweet was deleted. Said account has 12k followers and follows recruiting for Pitt so it wouldn't make sense for that to be a lie. And it would make sense for him to delete it if he didn't know Jyaire hasn't announced it yet. I hope this isn't the case but we should prepare ourselves for a massive overhaul of the roster. I just hope the talented sophomore class remains somewhat intact.

Twitter account is @ChrisDokish

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

When I was searching the term north texas on twitter a tweet popped up saying something like "Pitt has interest in North Texas transfer WR Jyaire Shorter" I replied and asked if he was really  in the portal because I can't find any information confirming that, and then the tweet was deleted. Said account has 12k followers and follows recruiting for Pitt so it wouldn't make sense for that to be a lie. And it would make sense for him to delete it if he didn't know Jyaire hasn't announced it yet. I hope this isn't the case but we should prepare ourselves for a massive overhaul of the roster. I just hope the talented sophomore class remains somewhat intact.

Twitter account is @ChrisDokish

Sorry to hear that but if hes not happy then see ya!

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

Sounds like Pitt is recruiting players before they're even in the portal.  That's illegal, but it seems to be unenforced and unenforceable. 

EDIT: It looks like NTWL and I were typing pretty much the same post at about the same time.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 4

Just now, Side.Show.Joe said:

Shorter would be smart to wait a see who the new coach is before cutting ties with North Texas. UNT athletics is in growth mode and the next hire should certainly create a better situation for Shorter to thrive. 

20 catches and 10 touchdowns and he only had 20 catches. Like, dafuq. 

• Upvote 1

Assistant coaches and primary recruiters do 100% check in with players they lost to other schools to see how they're doing it's just how it is. What's going on with our NIL program spearheaded by that guy we fired? Last mention I saw on GMG was him replying to political tweets on an account he shouldn't have been using. Why aren't we the school messaging all conference players at sun belt schools and offering them $25k to transfer here?

• Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, Chuck4334 said:

This is not true.

Ny Knicks Sigh GIF by NBA

6 hours ago, eternalmtg said:

They must not have seen all his dropped balls this year. 😬

Apparently people would be interested in his 22:10 catch:TD ratio.   
Make no mistake: The new coach is inheriting a VERY TALENTED TEAM!  …of which Jyaire is at the top.   New coach’s job #1 will be to recruit & win over guys like Jyaire, Ikaika/Oscar, Daizion/Gabe, Enoch/Rod.

• Upvote 6

A couple years ago, Jyaire was my pick to break the draft drought until Darden did what he did with his senior year. Man's gotta do what he thinks is best but I think the world of him as a player. One more step forward and he will end up getting drafted and playing a similar role to what Guyton has carved out for himself in LA. 

• Upvote 2

I am a huge Shorter fan and hope he stays.  I believe I heard he has already earned his degree and still has two years of eligibility left.  He is a beast and could put up huge numbers in a system that used him for more than the deep ball.  I don't want any of our players that contributed to transfer, but it is a sign of the times.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Shorter would be smart to wait a see who the new coach is before cutting ties with North Texas. UNT athletics is in growth mode and the next hire should certainly create a better situation for Shorter to thrive. 

He would be smart to see who else recruits him... Pitt is fine, but he could start for much better P5's out there.

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I am a huge Shorter fan and hope he stays.  I believe I heard he has already earned his degree and still has two years of eligibility left.  He is a beast and could put up huge numbers in a system that used him for more than the deep ball.  I don't want any of our players that contributed to transfer, but it is a sign of the times.

I am of the opinion, if he has his degree, then best of luck to him if he wants to try elsewhere, of course love for him to stay, but he will already have a degree that says UNT, can not ask for much more.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3

• 5 months later...