Breaking News Seth Littrell has been fired.

TheReal_jayD

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Hahaha! 

I remember those twins. They couldn’t step foot on the field without drawing a personal foul.

I'm happy the Murphy twins got the chance to move on to a place they wanted to be. I hope they are as thankful for the place that gave Littrell and Murphy's the opportunity to get to where they wanted to go. That is, after all, the purpose of the University...

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I’ve been saying this needed to happen….but I’m not going to jump up and down and celebrate. I’ve always said I seriously liked Littrell personally. He got us out of the mess we were in. He showed us what our potential is, he just couldn’t get us to the next level. He is an honorable man, ran a clean program, and our players were true student athletes. I honestly wish he COULD have got us to the next level. But at the end of the day, he just couldn’t. I hope he finds success and I think he’ll have no problem getting a good job somewhere.

The really good part about this though is the administration has decided to raise the bar and just being better than we always have been is not good enough anymore.

Couldn't have said it any better than this.  Good luck to SL.

If we get someone with the same integrity but better at coaching then we'll be headed in the right direction.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

I just saw that the OU Offensive Line coach said its a joke that UNT fired Littrell and then all the OU fans agree and said they hope we don’t win for a long time and act like we treated him horribly or that we should just accept mediocrity as its better than we’ve ever been before. Screw them

Amen what a joke!  They never sent Seth one player or gave 2 shots about him until now.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

I just saw that the OU Offensive Line coach said its a joke that UNT fired Littrell and then all the OU fans agree and said they hope we don’t win for a long time and act like we treated him horribly or that we should just accept mediocrity as its better than we’ve ever been before. Screw them

It’s a common thought. A week ago I can tell you people who have graduated from archer programs laughed when I shared that people thought we should fire Seth. 
- To be fair who will we get who can do any better next season… a 50/50 record and bowl games and fired is a bit odd for a smaller school to do for bigger schools fans. 

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 4

Just now, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Seth Littrell "not a good coach"?  C'mon, man.  I understand and share the desire for a better head coach, but Seth is a good coach.

I guess it depends on your definition of good? I guess you’re right he wasn’t bad his ceiling was average…which is reflected in his coaching record here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Andrew said:

It’s a common thought. A week ago I can tell you people who have graduated from archer programs laughed when I shared that people thought we should fire Seth. 

To be fair, Katniss Everdeen and her ilk never wanted to wake up such a sleeping giant. The jump to District 12 is going to be even more competitive.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

just being better than we always have been is not good enough anymore.

Please stop saying this because it is not true.  We have 25 conference titles and that is 13th   in all of FBS.  That to me is not indicative of a program that just wants to win homecoming, an FCS game and 2 to 3 other games a year.  Pre-2005 bowl game standard his teams would might have  gotten bowl invitations twice.  Third place G5 conference finishers and teams with losing records against FBS did not go to bowl regularly before 2005.  Seth was a class act, hard working coach who did everything he thought was right to be successful.  

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

24 minutes ago, Andrew said:

- To be fair who will we get who can do any better next season… a 50/50 record and bowl games and fired is a bit odd for a smaller school to do for bigger schools fans. 

I will say this and this should probably have a pinned thread dedicated to this...

We're going to have a lot of 'I told you so's' next year due to the probable record that UNT will have. We probably want be .500 and we won't be bowling. But make no mistake, that will not mean we aren't a better team. Just note that. Fold it up and put it in your pocket and remember this. 

• Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 2