Breaking News Seth Littrell has been fired.

TheReal_jayD

25 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Mason Fine & Harrell worked the 3-4 years.  We need a better "offensive mind" than just getting lucky with a too short QB without other major scholarships offers.  

Seth would probably tell you he and Harrell got super Lucky to hear about Mason Fine.

I doubt it was luck that led to them offering a scholarship and starting Mason as a true freshmen Seth's first year here.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

Man I thought you might have been exaggerating the excruciatingly bad takes on Twitter from non UNT fans about this move. Took a peek. Good lord. Just re-emphasizes that this was the correct and needed move. The “poor little North Texas - should never expect more- lucky to have a .500 coach” mentality has got to go.

It's ridiculous. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

Man I thought you might have been exaggerating the excruciatingly bad takes on Twitter from non UNT fans about this move. Took a peek. Good lord. Just re-emphasizes that this was the correct and needed move. The “poor little North Texas - should never expect more- lucky to have a .500 coach” mentality has got to go.

Including from our own alumni, like Sean Bass. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I'm seeing a lot of praise for SL on Twitter but these two posts were interesting to me because of who they are. Thoughts?

Great coach but didn't they, or at least the dad, trash NT on the way out?

It’s because they think we are so small-time. Same reason they left. 

• Upvote 6

18 minutes ago, rcade said:

The outrage from all those OU fans is funny. Like they'd keep a coach for seven years with Littrell's record.

He’s one of them. Of course they would stick up for him. I don’t read too much into it…some people are just going to be like that. 

• Upvote 1

I mean I get it. A program like UNT really doesn't have the right to fire a coach after a season that doesn't result in a below .500 record. I totally understand why people think UNT is stupid for doing this, but I think it's prideful for UNT to look for bigger things and behave like a competitive football program

Just wish the players didn't find out through twitter first

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 3

43 minutes ago, meangreenfaninno said:

This just came in my email box.  What an exciting night it has been.

DENTON, Texas – UNT President Neal Smatresk announced Sunday a leadership change for UNT football with head coach Seth Littrell being dismissed, effective immediately.

“After a thorough assessment of our football program, we decided to make a change in the leadership of our football program, effective immediately. We appreciate the many positive contributions Coach Littrell has made to our program. He has led the team with integrity and class, and we wish him and his family nothing but the best in the future,” UNT President Neal Smatresk said.

“We will begin a search immediately to find the best head coach for UNT football. I believe we are positioned to be highly competitive in the American Athletic Conference. We have the benefit of a passionate fan base, great facilities and resources, and we are committed to excellence in football with a support system that is dedicated to developing elite student-athletes. We will be looking for a leader with the vision, energy, commitment, and organizational skills to elevate our program to a championship level. Phil Bennett will serve as our interim head coach for the Frisco Bowl on December 17.”

Littrell compiled a 44-44 record in seven seasons with the Mean Green.

Additionally, Smatresk has named Jared Mosley as Interim Director of Athletics following Wren Baker’s departure to West Virginia. Mosley currently serves as Associate Vice President and Chief Operating Officer for UNT Athletics.

“I am pleased that Jared has agreed to serve as our interim AD,” Smatresk said. “He will continue managing day-to-day functions of the athletics department until we have named a permanent director of athletics. Jared has experience leading an athletics department and has a strong track record at UNT. I am confident in his ability to lead the department during this time of transition.”

UNT has begun work with a search firm to quickly move through the process of selecting Baker’s successor.

That's nothing.  You should see the letter I got from this Nigerian Prince.  I'm gonna' be RICH!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

Kind of a bummer, even though I was on board with this after UNLV. Say what you want about SL, but he was a coach that was always willing to change his strategy to match what he had to work with (even if that is his own fault).

Just seems like he couldn't ever get it squared away, even PB wasn't all that great without a run first ball control offense.

I hope the administration has their ducks in a row...

Edited by golfingomez
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

It’s because they think we are so small-time. Same reason they left. 

Hahaha! 

14 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I'm seeing a lot of praise for SL on Twitter but these two posts were interesting to me because of who they are. Thoughts?

Great coach but didn't they, or at least the dad, trash NT on the way out?

I remember those twins. They couldn’t step foot on the field without drawing a personal foul.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1