Breaking News Seth Littrell has been fired.

TheReal_jayD

2 minutes ago, Green with Envy said:

The powers that be aren’t obligated to show their hand.  Don’t have to keep loyal fans in the loop.  I suspect that all of this has played out just as they drew it up and has been in the works for some time.  Nothing a surprise to anyone other than possibly SL.  

If he was told he had to win 8 games, then no surprise to him at all.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, Green with Envy said:

The powers that be aren’t obligated to show their hand.  Don’t have to keep loyal fans in the loop.  I suspect that all of this has played out just as they drew it up and has been in the works for some time.  Nothing a surprise to anyone other than possibly SL.  

This was likely no surprise to Seth. Last year he came really close.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, MeanMag said:

I wish we could have gotten him hired away. Feels strange having to fire one of the best overall record coaches we've ever had.

thats a credit to the leadership, also to Seth, He raised our expectations higher than we ever had. He could't keep up with those expectations.

• Upvote 8
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

If he was told he had to win 8 games, then no surprise to him at all.

He could have maybe had a wait and see if they didn’t get blow out in the title game.

Technically we can still win 8, but going 0-2 in title games on top of 0fer in bowl games pretty much sealed the deal.

1 minute ago, Mike Jackson said:

Dude we can't complain now.  It was too late when Aune was named the starter for 2022. 🤷🏾‍♂️.  I am so relieved now I can start making plans for the bowl game.

not at all complaining, I wanted Herman, just not sure who my #1 guy is at the moment. 

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

Good luck to him. Hope we can make a better hire.

I am hoping for a hire similar to his hire. it just didn't work out long term, but worked out for the first 3-4 years.

Experienced coach with offensive mind. Hired to raise the profile and bar of the program.

I hope we are looking for all those things again.

• Upvote 6
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 minute ago, p_phelps said:

thats a credit to the leadership, also to Seth, He raised our expectations higher than we ever had. He could't keep up with those expectations.

I disagree the standard has always been winning conference!  He survived 3 consecutive losing seasons.  (2 of them pretty terrible)  North Texas has 25 Conference Championships that is tied for 13th in all of FBS.  He is a good guy and maybe a good head coach elsewhere but there is no need to give him credit he doesn’t deserve.  These new Tiddyman Bowls created after 2005 have cheapened the achievement of making a bowl game.

• Upvote 5

29 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

A new coach was the only thing I wanted for Christmas this year. Looks like Christmas came early!!!!!!!

I wish Littrell and his family good fortunes at his next stop, and hope he grows from his experience as our coach. He did some good things here in Denton, but in the end the overall record and the struggle against winning programs was too much. UNT had to make this change to be taken seriously as we transition to the AAC and hope to compete for titles in that conference against the likes of SMU and UTSA.

I'll be increasing my Mean Green Fund contributions for next year. I hope others will too.

Go Mean Green!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don’t forget about Tulane. 

• Upvote 3