Breaking News Seth Littrell has been fired.

TheReal_jayD

12 minutes ago, MeanMag said:

I wish we could have gotten him hired away. Feels strange having to fire one of the best overall record coaches we've ever had.

That kind of thing can happen when your school hasn't had a coach leave with a record above .500 since 1978.

Edited by rcade
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Marty said:

Best of luck to him in the future. Seth seems like a good guy, someone you'd like to have a beer with & talk ball. He did some good things here but it was definitely time for a change.

Agreed -I’ll say right now he will win somewhere else it’s just not in the cards this was his home run destination but ,more like his Waterloo ! 

• Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, meaniegreenie said:

I hope there's more to it than "We will begin the search immediately".

If the search hasn't been going on for the past month, then we're screwed for numerous reasons.

I am pretty sure the search has been on for quite a while, but now its official and probably paired down to the leading candidates. 

• Upvote 7

9 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

https://theathletic.com/3969294/2022/12/04/north-texas-fires-coach-seth-littrell/

EDIT: Well, I can't read it.  Someone want to tell us the gist of what it says?

had a far from poor tenure at UNT but wasn't great either. Program ceiling is higher than where it is now with current facilities, conference and salaries.

Not won more than 7 games since 2018.

At one point in 2022, UNT was 10-1 in conference games.

Thinks the job is "very good" and will get a lot of interest.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

It could be that Wren, Jared and Neil have agreed that Jared will be promoted and have already agreed on a coach.

The powers that be aren’t obligated to show their hand.  Don’t have to keep loyal fans in the loop.  I suspect that all of this has played out just as they drew it up and has been in the works for some time.  Nothing a surprise to anyone other than possibly SL.  

• Upvote 2