Breaking News Seth Littrell has been fired.

TheReal_jayD

This shows a commitment by the administration to maintaining a quality athletic program in all sports, I am a little surprised but I believe Wren leaving sped up the timetable and I believe they already have a short list and I would not be surprised if SL’s replacement is announced Monday or Tuesday.   If not they might have really jumped the gun. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

Gotta wonder how this will play right before the bowl game. Does firing him right before this help our chances? Can't be so sure... 

It doesn't really matter. The last game was the one we needed/wanted. The bowl games are a vacation, if it isn't one for the playoff. The big game was the conference championship.

• Upvote 6

32 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

I'm shocked. I was dead wrong on this. We don't have an AD... I can't believe we'd hire another HFC and saddle a new AD with him, but I guess we've done it before... though at least RV was still AD when he hired Seth. Hiring season is already on the back end though, so I can't imagine we hire the AD first, right? Does this mean it's Mosley then? Lots and lots of questions. 

It could be that Wren, Jared and Neil have agreed that Jared will be promoted and have already agreed on a coach.

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, Moobs said:

Why did they have to do this on Sunday night?  

This news makes me want to go drink and celebrate new beginnings for UNT football but I have to work tomorrow. 😓

I have go to work at 7. I poured a glass of scotch to celebrate.  This is good news.  We are progressing as a program 

• Upvote 4

I am stunned by this given we have no AD. I thought for sure they would ride this out with Littrell.

I'd like to second what others are saying. Thank you, Seth. 

A very good coach, and in my estimation he will get a chance at a P5 job one day. But it was time to try something new. 

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Seth did a lot of good and elevated us to a program that is no longer satisfied to just get to bowls. In a way, his success partially caused his failure if that makes sense...

Well I hope the first thing the new coach says that “Hit 6” is no longer acceptable around here!

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1