Breaking News Seth Littrell has been fired.

TheReal_jayD

2 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

Gotta wonder how this will play right before the bowl game. Does firing him right before this help our chances? Can't be so sure... 

Doesn't really matter. It's not about bowls anymore. The bowls are for the players and fans to have fun, they no longer define a season. It's the right time to move on.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

I'm shocked. I was dead wrong on this. We don't have an AD... I can't believe we'd hire another HFC and saddle a new AD with him, but I guess we've done it before... though at least RV was still AD when he hired Seth. Hiring season is already on the back end though, so I can't imagine we hire the AD first, right? Does this mean it's Mosley then? Lots and lots of questions. 

Wren is still AD for the next few weeks I believe.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

I'm shocked. I was dead wrong on this. We don't have an AD... I can't believe we'd hire another HFC and saddle a new AD with him, but I guess we've done it before... though at least RV was still AD when he hired Seth. Hiring season is already on the back end though, so I can't imagine we hire the AD first, right? Does this mean it's Mosley then? Lots and lots of questions. 

My guess is that WB informed Neal of his probable departure early in the process and an AD list has probably already been shortlisted and they're pinning one down. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 2

3 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Wild. What a weird situation. Could Neal trust Wren so much he wants him to hire someone before he bails? What a weird precedent for a new AD to walk into if so. There has to be someone in mind...

Or will they do sorta like what UAB did and hire a one year interim coach, to allow a thorough search for both AD and HC?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Just now, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Seth did a lot of good and elevated us to a program that is no longer satisfied to just get to bowls. In a way, his success partially caused his failure if that makes sense...

Very good point. I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone here who is not appreciative of what he has done here.

Thank you for everything Seth! Wish you and your family the best!

• Upvote 7

We are not about to play in the Cotton Bowl, it would be nice to win the Frisco Bowl but we are just as likely to do it without Seth as with him. 

Seth is a good man and he can be proud of the problem free program he ran but it was time for a change. I wish him well and success in the future as long as it is not against us. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Seth was a Smatresk hire, RV was just there. If memory serves RV wanted Meacham.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CaribbeanGreen said:

Wild. What a weird situation. Could Neal trust Wren so much he wants him to hire someone before he bails? What a weird precedent for a new AD to walk into if so. There has to be someone in mind...

I'm purely speculating here but I wonder if the football HC/AD situation is overblown considering Wren just got a promotion to a bigger program despite never hiring/firing a head football coach at UNT. Their job is to manage the entire athletic department not just the head football coach. It didn't stop Wren from coming here in the first place.

• Upvote 1

Seth Littrell made some improvements to UNT football but the bottom line is that seven seasons without a bowl win or conference championship is too damn long.

I hope he does well in his future jobs and expect he'll get another head coaching position in FBS at some point.

• Upvote 6

Appreciate what the man did while he was here. No one said it's easy to win in Denton and there's a million things working against you.  

If he's truly gone I'm sure he will find a himself a good spot on a good team as an Analyst/Positions Coach/Coordinator.  Will will see him again, and he may be more successful in a different environment.  Hopefully he was wise with the windfall of money he's had the past few years. If so, he will be just fine making $45k a year in a teach me how to coach again program for a bit.

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
  • Upvote 2

• Brett Vito changed the title to DRC (updated with story) North Texas parts ways with Seth Littrell