DRC (updated): UNT headed back to Frisco to face Boise State in Frisco Bowl

Brett Vito

This repeat destination is a big disappointment. I feel for the players that bust their tails trying to advance the program. We accomplished more this year and unfortunately face the same consolation prize as last year. Boise travels well and there will be lots of blue in the stands. 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

17 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

What do you think SL expression when he saw this match up? Especially since Aune will opt out. to get ready for the NFL.

It would be in Aune’s best interest I would think to play in this game. 

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, Okiefan said:

This repeat destination is a big disappointment. I feel for the players that bust their tails trying to advance the program. We accomplished more this year and unfortunately face the same consolation prize as last year. Boise travels well and there will be lots of blue in the stands. 

CUSA bowl tie ins are meh at best. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, NT80 said:

Seriously?  Been blown out of games more this year.  Not sure what accomplishments you allude to.

Well, UNT spread the losses out, so there wasn't a need for 5 wins in a row to  get to Frisco.  So there's that.

And to be fair, they -did- get to the championship game this season, which is a greater accomplishment than recent results.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, Okiefan said:

You are free to discount it all you want but we made it to the championship game. That was better than last year. All I was hoping for was something out of the DFW area for the players. Shoot me. 

Be honest.
Keep in mind we only made it to the Championship Game because the conference format had to be adjusted due to the loss of 3 schools to the Belt. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

15 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

Be honest.
Keep in mind we only made it to the Championship Game because the conference format had to be adjusted due to the loss of 3 schools to the Belt. 

He is talking about improvement from last season.  Take away the championship game, and we still have a better conference record than 2021.

I also wish more people talked about our WKU win, but I understand it can be considered an outlier.  That WKU had an off day.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

Well win 

39 minutes ago, Okiefan said:

Win  more get better results 

Edited by Dentonborn79
  • Upvote 2