Won’t be there December 17

emmitt01

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I’ll go buy you won’t catch me promoting or encouraging others to come. I’ve done it too much just to get let down, I’ll be there +4 though.

Right? I've corrupted my son and he wants season tickets for the first time since we're going into the AAC.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 2

Nice to see a totally different team come to town and wipe the floor with Seth. My son and I will attend and eat the overpriced food and drink an overpriced drink. At least we won’t be too emotionally invested because we know exactly what to expect. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

Look, if you don't support the school by eating their diarrhea sandwiches, they'll never have the impetus to stop serving diarrhea! Remember, it's YOUR responsibility to spend years of your life and thousands of your dollars buying a subpar product, if you ever want the product to be good.

No you are looking at it all wrong.  You need to give the program more money to make bigger and worse contract decisions.  🤣Maybe if they had let Seth walk when he came looking for a second extension they would have a cheaper better football coach today and more budget reserve to pay Grant.  We already probably get the worse bang for the buck among FBS programs in Texas and bordering states......   So let's overpay the next coach by an even higher percentage and fall all over ourselves to give him raises as he keeps us around 0.500.   I prefer finely aged quality manure,  you ruffian. 🤣

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

No you are looking at it all wrong.  You need to give the program more money to make bigger and worse contract decisions.  🤣Maybe if they had let Seth walk when he came looking for a second extension they would have a cheaper better football coach today and more budget reserve to pay Grant.  We already probably get the worse bang for the buck among FBS programs in Texas and bordering states......   So let's overpay the next coach by an even higher percentage and fall all over ourselves to give him raises as he keeps us around 0.500.   I prefer finely aged quality manure,  you ruffian. 🤣

Enjoy your meal! Nothing like a good, shit sandwich!

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Graddean said:

I guess there was something wrong with me.  When I was looking for a school, I didn’t even check out their football record!

Not the same issue. We're not talking about attending school but rather after you graduate what obligation do you have to keep support their athletic teams? As most move on their demands on their time become more spread thin. Supporting you schools athletic t e ams becomes one of many options. As clearly evident by the lack of alumni support UNT has historically done a very poor job keeping alumnus engaged. 

3 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Not the same issue. We're not talking about attending school but rather after you graduate what obligation do you have to keep support their athletic teams? As most move on their demands on their time become more spread thin. Supporting you schools athletic t e ams becomes one of many options. As clearly evident by the lack of alumni support UNT has historically done a very poor job keeping alumnus engaged. 

It was exactly the issue.  You must have missed that Graddean was responding to a post in which a daughter was deciding to not go to the school because they couldn't get a QB.

3 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

It was exactly the issue.  You must have missed that Graddean was responding to a post in which a daughter was deciding to not go to the school because they couldn't get a QB.

Your correct,  I did miss that, but you know what a lot of students do use athletic success in their consideration. 

Littrell should’ve been fired when Marshall embarrassed us at home and dropped us to 1-5 last season. Or the next week when Liberty dropped us to 1-6. I don’t fault anyone for not wanting to watch a Seth Littrell product since then. ESPECIALLY after the bowl performance when he really had a chance to win everyone’s attention back.

I’ll be there +3, but I am not going to be actively recruiting anyone towards UNT fandom until Littrell is gone. The biggest turn off to casual fans is when they do go and the product sucks. They don’t come back. And that’s what has happened, both with the last bowl game and the SMU home opener. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

Absolutely, how we look on television in our bowl game factors into future bowl game decisions.

We likely won't be in future bowl games if leadership continues to make bad decision.  With the 12 team playoff I believe a lot of these fringe bowl games are going away completely.  In general national audiences are not interested in 2 mediocre G5 teams playing in a post season exhibition.  I think only G5 championship game losers earning bowl invitations.  And I think even those spots won't be guaranteed.   For instance a Boise State rank ahead of us in Vegas power ranking goes to the Armed Forces Bowl or some bowl farther west. 

• Upvote 2

I have a wedding in Houston on the 17th, so I won't be able to make it. But I hate the Frisco Bowl, and wouldn't want to see a repeat of Littrell coaching our team there again. I truly hope our leadership places an interim coach in place tomorrow morning. The players deserve a real shot to win against Boise State. 

Edited by Side.Show.Joe
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 minute ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

I have a wedding in Houston on the 17th, so I won't be able to make it. But I hate the Frisco Bowl, and wouldn't want to see a repeat of Littrell coaching our team their again. I truly hope our leadership places an interim coach in place tomorrow morning. The players deserve a real shot to win against Boise State. 

We ALL deserve a reason to hope for future success beyond 0.500. 

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

I preached that for 4 1/2 years while in college as a member of Talons.  

Then I preached it for the past 20 years to fellow alumni who can’t be bothered to even know we have a game that Saturday.  

But I had a realization when my family left the watching party on Friday and my oldest daughter (who I have indoctrinated and pushed towards attending North Texas since before the day she could understand words) said to me “dad, why do you want me to go to a school that doesn’t even take sports seriously?  They know that coach and quarterback are bad, why won’t they fix it?”  

I didn’t have an answer for that.   I can’t honestly answer why she (or I) should be more emotionally invested than the university is.  

Boy, I’m so there with you! I love my school, I’ll probably go. …but many of us have been living this for decades. It is understandably frustrating. 

• Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I preached that for 4 1/2 years while in college as a member of Talons.  

Then I preached it for the past 20 years to fellow alumni who can’t be bothered to even know we have a game that Saturday.  

But I had a realization when my family left the watching party on Friday and my oldest daughter (who I have indoctrinated and pushed towards attending North Texas since before the day she could understand words) said to me “dad, why do you want me to go to a school that doesn’t even take sports seriously?  They know that coach and quarterback are bad, why won’t they fix it?”  

I didn’t have an answer for that.   I can’t honestly answer why she (or I) should be more emotionally invested than the university is.  

Been there.  Last year.  Daughter was a senior in high school and didn’t really even consider North Texas even though she has been to every home game for her entire life.  She was in the womb for the big Baylor blowout at Fouts.  Wife is a Baylor alum and spent the whole game sick in the bathroom.  After the Portland St game she wrote a letter to the team.  So that was pretty crushing last year.  She asked the same questions as your daughter.  She chose Arkansas and went to every home game there this Fall as a Freshman.  

But she still came back home and went to two North Texas home games this Fall.  Both wins.  She braved the Rice game weather and even recruited a fellow Hog to come with us.

I’ll be there Dec 17, plus the family.  Daughter will be home for The break in time for the game.  All but the wife are green blooded hooligans…and her blood is only a slightly different shade.  😉

Edited by TIgreen01
  • Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, NT93 said:

How many more are in attendance if SL isn’t coaching vs. if he is?  

How much more engaged will you be if SL isn’t coaching vs. if he is?

Seth Coaching 0% I am going 20% I watch on TV

Seth not coaching and permanent coach for 2023 announced 90% chance going 100% TV if not there in person.

• Puking Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, THOR said:

do posters really think we care if they are going or not?  support or do not...we do not need folks telling the board that they are not going due to ẅhatever....shut up...do not go...go...who cares

There are 45 replies to this thread. …so apparently folks care enough to discuss it. If YOU don’t care, take your own advice, and shut up. Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

@emmitt01 in light of the news, does this change your mind? It did change mine!

You know, there's also a UIL State Championship triple-header the day before...

And the 8:00 kickoff in Frisco on Saturday evening means all-day tailgate...

And I know you remember where you were when Bussey caught the crossing route from Fine at the end of a certain game in 2017...

Now, if we pull this Bowl win off (yes, I'm going), will you regret not being there?