Won’t be there December 17

emmitt01

1 minute ago, emmitt01 said:

I have attended the 5A and 6A state title games with a group of friends (all NT alumni) for over a decade now.   Those games are being played Dec 17.  

There is a less than 0% chance I break that tradition to watch Seth Littrell get out coached and Aune play lawn darts in a bowl game.  

Sad to hear.  I know you’ve been a great supporter for man years.  I get it.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

29 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

I’ll be there. If I can’t complain and/or cheer with my fellow Mean Green Family, then what’s this all for?  See you all..uh…most…uh…some?..on the 17th. GMG!

Ask the leadership that question.  You say "Mean Gree Family" but I liken it going to watch your neice or nephew sit on the bench and cheer with an idiot coach that won't give them earned playing time.  They are not doing the best for the current crop of Mean Green Football players with Seth here.   We are going to lose and lose badly.  The band will sound great though.🤷🏾‍♂️

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

I have attended the 5A and 6A state title games with a group of friends (all NT alumni) for over a decade now.   Those games are being played Dec 17.  

There is a less than 0% chance I break that tradition to watch Seth Littrell get out coached and Aune play lawn darts in a bowl game.  

I don't see you being the only one out! I foresee a very low North Texas Attendance as is. It will be a little better if they fire Seth tomorrow.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Glory to the Green said:

I’ll be there. If I can’t complain and/or cheer with my fellow Mean Green Family, then what’s this all for?  See you all..uh…most…uh…some?..on the 17th. GMG!

Here's what kills me. We bitch and moan all the time about Seth and I get it. I think he should go to. But to not support our team, our school, is a self fulfilling prophesy in keeping us small time. If we ever want to become big time, we have to attend games. Wren basically said that in order to keep Grant we had to "break the bank" and in other words, it means we're keeping Seth for better or for worse. Money is the issue, so we have to bite the bullet and wait until we can afford the buy out. In the mean time, hold your nose and support our teams or we'll forever be a forgotten school striving to be big time.

• Upvote 9
  • Lovely Take 1
  • RV 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 2

3 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Here's what kills me. We bitch and moan all the time about Seth and I get it. I think he should go to. But to not support our team, our school, is a self fulfilling prophesy in keeping us small time. If we ever want to become big time, we have to attend games. Wren basically said that in order to keep Grant we had to "break the bank" and in other words, it means we're keeping Seth for better or for worse. Money is the issue, so we have to bite the bullet and wait until we can afford the buy out. In the mean time, hold your nose and support our teams or we'll forever be a forgotten school striving to be big time.

Absolutely, how we look on television in our bowl game factors into future bowl game decisions.

• Upvote 6

16 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

I preached that for 4 1/2 years while in college as a member of Talons.  

Then I preached it for the past 20 years to fellow alumni who can’t be bothered to even know we have a game that Saturday.  

But I had a realization when my family left the watching party on Friday and my oldest daughter (who I have indoctrinated and pushed towards attending North Texas since before the day she could understand words) said to me “dad, why do you want me to go to a school that doesn’t even take sports seriously?  They know that coach and quarterback are bad, why won’t they fix it?”  

I didn’t have an answer for that.   I can’t honestly answer why she (or I) should be more emotionally invested than the university is.  

• Upvote 7
  • Lovely Take 1
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

14 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I preached that for 4 1/2 years while in college as a member of Talons.  

Then I preached it for the past 20 years to fellow alumni who can’t be bothered to even know we have a game that Saturday.  

But I had a realization when my family left the watching party on Friday and my oldest daughter (who I have indoctrinated and pushed towards attending North Texas since before the day she could understand words) said to me “dad, why do you want me to go to a school that doesn’t even take sports seriously?  They know that coach and quarterback are bad, why won’t they fix it?”  

I didn’t have an answer for that.   I can’t honestly answer why she (or I) should be more emotionally invested than the university is.  

I hear ya, buddy. My wife and family ask me the same thing. I guess I'm the eternal optimist and have invested too much time and money. I genuinely feel the new A.D. will make the appropriate action at the appropriate time. Until then, I'm going to continue to bitch and go to games when possible. Especially, the crappy Frisco Bowl.

• Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Money is the issue, so we have to bite the bullet and wait until we can afford the buy out.

Speak for yourself.  They should have reconsidered buyout terms and this scenario BEFORE extending Seth for winning NOTHING a SECOND time.  A small time program should not get itself in such a financial situation with NOTHING to show for it.  

We are THE JOKE FBS program in the state of Texas within a 3 hour driving raduis of DFW.

Some of us were against that extension and came to games anyway when what we already knew started to be undeniable to the majority.  Sorry I am not paying for their bad decision anymore.  I will happily drive with someone if they provide me a free ticket or fund a current student going to the game.   I know the between supporting and enabling.  This is enabling!  

Scolding any fan that has went to more than the homecoming game every year is ridiculous as letting Seth coach 2022 and start a mediocre almost 30 QB all year.  So let's call it even.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Speak for yourself.  They should have reconsidered buyout terms and this scenario BEFORE extending Seth for winning NOTHING a SECOND time.  A small time program should not get itself in such a financial situation with NOTHING to show for it.  

We are THE JOKE FBS program in the state of Texas within a 3 hour driving raduis of DFW.

Some of us were against that extension and came to games anyway when what we already knew started to be undeniable to the majority.  Sorry I am not paying for their bad decision anymore.  I will happily drive with someone if they provide me a free ticket or fund a current student going to the game.   I know the between supporting and enabling.  This is enabling!  

Scolding any fan that has went to more than the homecoming game every year is ridiculous as letting Seth coach 2022 and start a mediocre almost 30 QB all year.  So let's call it even.

I am speaking for myself, Mike. You make your own decision and it sounds like you have, even though I don't agree with it. Hopefully we can all enjoy what we all want in a short amount of time. God bless ya.

54 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

EXACTLY we cannot enable this by attending a Seth coached  Frisco Bowl.  His third chance was the lost to Miami of Ohio, his fourth strike was the blowout loss this past Friday.   If they could fire Dickey without giving him a chance to recover from health scare they can fire Seth now.  Since Seth is such a nice guy I doubt that if he went 2-9 this year but beat SMU and had a heart attack he would absolutely be allowed to remain if still under contract.  And to me that is utter BS!

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Sad 1