Neal Got the Message

gordo nation

5 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Yeah he walked right in front of me and so did WB.  I wanted to tell them both get rid of SL.  I am shocked at the lack of people at the basketball games.  They are winners but the crowd is no where to found.  The chair on the floor are empty and I know they are all sold out.  There are banners on seats (more than in the past that say season ticket holder.   Where is everyone?   I know it was lousy start time.

Lousy out of conference games bud. No one is going to come see Nebraska-Omaha or powerhouse Southern Nazarene. 🤨😅

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, gordo nation said:

I was in the student section yesterday for the basketball game and let me just say, I think Neal got a clear message that the students desperately want a change in football.

He walked over to our section and I kid you not when I say that atleast 10 people started yelling things like "FIRE SETH" "CHANGE THE LEADERSHIP" and other things that really went straight to his head. I kinda felt bad for the dude because I actually think he's a wonderful president and he gives off friendly grandpa vibes. but the students know he's too much of a nice guy when it comes to firing people, and I think we're trying to send a clear signal that he either has to be the big man and make the change, or step aside and allow somebody else to guide the ship

GMG!!!

Gordo, I would like to be the first to thank you and the rest of the student section for getting in Neal’s ear and making Littrell’s firing happen. Your school is forever indebted to you for this

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

34 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Gordo, I would like to be the first to thank you and the rest of the student section for getting in Neal’s ear and making Littrell’s firing happen. Your school is forever indebted to you for this

I was just going to say this too! Very interesting timing....

Whether it is true or not, I feel like Neal really did listen.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, Andrew said:

I think the lack of known talent keeps people away. Who is our local guy that everyone knows or our top recruit? Nobody is taking UNT basketball this season. It’s sad, but Mac needs to recruit better and get into the local schools. If guys like smart and Williams can come to Guyer and form relationships so can Mac. 

You are one interesting person.... 

• Upvote 4
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Gordo, I would like to think you are genuine, but your Avatar is insulting our Stylized Eagle, aka Flying Worm, and I can't take anything from you seriously until you change it.....     Sincerely, NT Historical Society

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

8 hours ago, Andrew said:

I assume you too are ok with people showing up to your place of work and chanting for you to lose your job? Perhaps calling your boss and requesting your termination? I mean a normal human being wouldn’t be in favor of that; however it seems like many people here are all for it. I’m guessing once they actually were on the other end they would be embarrassed. When in fact they should be embarrassed they even started this vile chant. 

Last time I checked these students were paying an athletic fee, so your comparison doesn't really work. If for some reason I was the CEO and the employees were paying my salary out of their pocket while I continued to drag the company down, you know I actually would expect to see people show up to chant that I should lose my job. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, rcade said:

Littrell's contract goes through 2023. If we extended it again it would be through 2024.

I don't think it would be unprecedented to fire a head coach and then hire an AD who chooses the new one. I prefer that path over making the next AD inherit Rick V's last hire.

You were right, I was wrong. This is why I don't bet.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, breaker110 said:

Is there some mechanism in place that auctions off the floor seats before the game if it is known the holder will not attend? Sad that such good seats should go empty. . . 

They are expansive and all claimed. Haven’t been able to ever get season tickets there. 

6 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

Last time I checked these students were paying an athletic fee, so your comparison doesn't really work. If for some reason I was the CEO and the employees were paying my salary out of their pocket while I continued to drag the company down, you know I actually would expect to see people show up to chant that I should lose my job. 

Then your part of the problem. Didn’t realize giant baby hissy fits and immature brats ruled the day.  Cool….

• Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, Dannymacfan said:

I can attest to this.  Ive inquired and been told they are all sold out and have a long waiting list.

Yep. You can buy them straight off the owner if you know them. Pre covid we did this a few times but they haven’t offered to sell in a while.