Neal Got the Message

gordo nation

Yeah he walked right in front of me and so did WB.  I wanted to tell them both get rid of SL.  I am shocked at the lack of people at the basketball games.  They are winners but the crowd is no where to found.  The chair on the floor are empty and I know they are all sold out.  There are banners on seats (more than in the past that say season ticket holder.   Where is everyone?   I know it was lousy start time.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, gordo nation said:

I was in the student section yesterday for the basketball game and let me just say, I think Neal got a clear message that the students desperately want a change in football.

He walked over to our section and I kid you not when I say that atleast 10 people started yelling things like "FIRE SETH" "CHANGE THE LEADERSHIP" and other things that really went straight to his head. I kinda felt bad for the dude because I actually think he's a wonderful president and he gives off friendly grandpa vibes. but the students know he's too much of a nice guy when it comes to firing people, and I think we're trying to send a clear signal that he either has to be the big man and make the change, or step aside and allow somebody else to guide the ship

GMG!!!

So we have disgusting students who lack decorum. Good to know. Maybe they can be walked out and given a year ban. Disgusting behavior.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • RV 1
  • Confused 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 37
  • Puking Eagle 2

51 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Yeah he walked right in front of me and so did WB.  I wanted to tell them both get rid of SL.  I am shocked at the lack of people at the basketball games.  They are winners but the crowd is no where to found.  The chair on the floor are empty and I know they are all sold out.  There are banners on seats (more than in the past that say season ticket holder.   Where is everyone?   I know it was lousy start time.

I think the lack of known talent keeps people away. Who is our local guy that everyone knows or our top recruit? Nobody is taking UNT basketball this season. It’s sad, but Mac needs to recruit better and get into the local schools. If guys like smart and Williams can come to Guyer and form relationships so can Mac. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 17
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

It was a pleasantly entertaining game yesterday too, despite the weird start time.  Was good to see the starters and almost the entire bench see the court.

I saw a lot of people congratulating Wren both from UNT and Omaha.

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
Grammar
  • Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Oh LORD Andrew! You sound like you're 90 years old. Would you rather students just not be at basketball games at all and you complain about that??

Ah yes. Let’s all show up to your place of work and start cheering for you to lose your job… it would be super mature. You would love that idea I assume?

Most  people would find it disgusting, but clearly students aren’t learning any class at school. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 11
  • Puking Eagle 1

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Lol. Yeah ok buddy. 

I assume you too are ok with people showing up to your place of work and chanting for you to lose your job? Perhaps calling your boss and requesting your termination? I mean a normal human being wouldn’t be in favor of that; however it seems like many people here are all for it. I’m guessing once they actually were on the other end they would be embarrassed. When in fact they should be embarrassed they even started this vile chant. 

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

14 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Ah yes. Let’s all show up to your place of work and start cheering for you to lose your job… it would be super mature. You would love that idea I assume?

Most  people would find it disgusting, but clearly students aren’t learning any class at school. 

College coach is a public figure! Better to have passion for your team then not care at all.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, Wag Tag said:

College coach is a public figure! Better to have passion for your team then not care at all.

Ah so only select people should be called out… It always looks so mature when people go and scream at rallys and events at our political leaders. Yep… sounds about right. Disgusting. 
Adults use to write a letter or maybe email. Have a private conversation. Students clearly haven’t learned how to handle any sort of tough situation or a situation where they have a disagreement. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 3

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

So we have disgusting students who lack decorum. Good to know. Maybe they can be walked out and given a year ban. Disgusting behavior.

None of the criticism was being directed towards Neal. We actually were all having a great time with him and he even took a couple photos with us. I feel it's safe to say the students really don't have anything major against him. He's the leader of pretty much everything UNT and it's his literal job to make decisions that drastically affect the program.

It was definitely not a "screw you Neal" kinda thing... It was more of a "cmon Neal do the right thing"

• Upvote 5

44 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I assume you too are ok with people showing up to your place of work and chanting for you to lose your job? Perhaps calling your boss and requesting your termination? I mean a normal human being wouldn’t be in favor of that; however it seems like many people here are all for it. I’m guessing once they actually were on the other end they would be embarrassed. When in fact they should be embarrassed they even started this vile chant. 

Technically, it wasn’t SL’s place of work, it was at the basketball game so that would be GM’s place of work.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Maybe SL has lost focus on the football program because he's an undercover basketball coach? 

59 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Ah so only select people should be called out… It always looks so mature when people go and scream at rallys and events at our political leaders. Yep… sounds about right. Disgusting. 
Adults use to write a letter or maybe email. Have a private conversation. Students clearly haven’t learned how to handle any sort of tough situation or a situation where they have a disagreement. 

SL is the face of the program, the snakes head. He's not the select one, but the only one. 

Also, let's be real, college aged students aren't really adults. But I'm damn glad they're voicing their opinion. And let me tell you, whatever was said is bubble wrap compared what would be said at big boy pants programs. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I assume you too are ok with people showing up to your place of work and chanting for you to lose your job?

If you pay me $1.7 million a year and my workplace is a sports venue, fans can yell whatever they want as long as they leave my wife and kids out of it.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, wardly said:

My money says that we mimic West Virginia, extend Littrell one more year, hire an AD and let him take care of it at end of next season. It's just poor timing for North Texas. You can't run a football program with both head coach and AD missing in action.

Littrell's contract goes through 2023. If we extended it again it would be through 2024.

I don't think it would be unprecedented to fire a head coach and then hire an AD who chooses the new one. I prefer that path over making the next AD inherit Rick V's last hire.

• Upvote 1