Can someone explain Tulane to me

TheColonyEagle

If UNT has shown me anything, it's perspective.

Hold off on this Fritz praise to see if this success sustains itself.

For every Traylor that holds consecutive years of success, there are multiple 2013 McCarneys out there.  Teams that strike gold then fall off the map again the following year.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

Hes been building the program over these years and, best of all, he has a QB in his Junior season who just keeps getting better and has been talked about since his Freshman season as having great potential which is now on full display. Honestly i think Pratt(QB) is the biggest difference by far

Notice he completion is more that 50%

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

It's one of the reasons why I was advocating for anybody but Aune this year. It wasn't about this season, it was about next season. We knew Aune's ceiling. He hadn't improved much from year to year and at his age and classification, wasn't going to be our QB of the next 3 years.

The Office Yes GIF

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, greenminer said:

Hold off on this Fritz praise to see if this success sustains itself.

Even if it doesn't, his one year this year trumps all of Seth's 7 years of, whatever you call it, combined.

Trying to compare them to us last year would have made sense, but Tulane has closed that book.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, MeanGreenDan said:

Even if it doesn't, his one year this year trumps all of Seth's 7 years of, whatever you call it, combined.

Trying to compare them to us last year would have made sense, but Tulane has closed that book.

100%

12 win season. Top 25 ranking. NY6

trumps all 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

What is the difference between last season and this season? 

COVID Seniors, maybe? If you look at college football as a whole, there were many "upsets" and a school like Tulane, which is an undesirable football destination, the ability to give recruits one extra year of development is huge. I don't know for sure, but that's my guess. Blue blood P5 schools have to keep that pipeline moving, whereas G5s actually benefited from super seniors. James Madison killed it this year. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MrAlien said:

Tulane was very aggressive in the transfer portal, they brought in 10 transfers to be starters in 2022. 

Were they? Because I looked at their transfers from late 2021 to early 2022 and most looked like role players except maybe the DE from TCU. On the flip side they lost a 6ft3 312 pound 5th year senior DT to OU whose on paper production looked like Novil's here.

5 hours ago, LitMedallion said:

COVID Seniors, maybe? If you look at college football as a whole, there were many "upsets" and a school like Tulane, which is an undesirable football destination, the ability to give recruits one extra year of development is huge. I don't know for sure, but that's my guess. Blue blood P5 schools have to keep that pipeline moving, whereas G5s actually benefited from super seniors. James Madison killed it this year. 

While half of our 2-deep were Fr/So.

Edited by meaniegreenie