Who's In Charge?

StealthEagle84

With Wren leaving us at a very important inflection point, who is the man in charge of making a decision on Littrell's fate? The timing of Wren's departure, in my mind, couldn't be worse as time is not on our side. A decision needs to be made and it needs to be made quickly. The longer we wait, the more the coaching candidate pool shrinks. So who is behind the wheel here?

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, StealthEagle84 said:

With Wren leaving us at a very important inflection point, who is the man in charge of making a decision on Littrell's fate? The timing of Wren's departure, in my mind, couldn't be worse as time is not on our side. A decision needs to be made and it needs to be made quickly. The longer we wait, the more the coaching candidate pool shrinks. So who is behind the wheel here?

Smatresk and high level donors. I imagine there will be some kind of announcement before the bowl game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 minute ago, wardly said:

I think new AD comes on board much sooner than later and Littrell's fate is in hands of Smatresk .

I think you are probably right but there have been rumors that Smatresk is nearing retirement.  Whether that is true or not, I question whether or not Smatresk will go out too far on a limb without some sign-off from the the BOR and most importantly Chancellor Michael Williams.  I do agree with you that time is of the essence.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, UNT86 said:

Who exactly are these "high level donors"?

Donor talk around here is increased exponentially since we are nearing the end of the SL era and WB has been hired away.  I think it's because we desperately need leadership and every one is trying to figure out who is really in charge.

I think there's a ton of misinformation being tossed around right now about what's going on around SL and our AD position.

Edited by greenminer

6 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Donor talk around here is increased exponentially since we are nearing the end of the SL era and WB has been fired.  I think it's because we desperately need leadership and every one is trying to figure out who is really in charge.

I think there's a ton of misinformation being tossed around right now about what's going on around SL and our AD position.

WB definitely wasn’t fired 

• Upvote 1