To Renew Season Tickets yet again 🤔

zenhuddy

10 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Now I know why you have “crazy” in your name.  You are assuming the QB’s riding the bench this year are better than Aune.   Almost all games FBS vs FBS are "winnable" tha is why we watch them.  With Seth at the helm and a QB on par with Aune or worse we will only be favored in 3 of those games you listed barring catastrophes at Memphis, UAB, and Tulsa.  The line against Navy is 100% unpredictable they just plug and play the best midshipmen athletes available.  If they are smart, highly displined and get a few guys with speed in the right positions they punch way above their weight.  We will likely be favored only against Temple, ACU, and La Tech.  And what is Seth going to do to fix the defense if he is still here?  If the defense regresses even more we are looking at Mac's last year here.

I said we’d likely win 5 games. We have 7 teams on next year’s schedule that went .500 or worse with 1 more game to be announced. Not sure how thinking we’ll win 5 games is “crazy”? 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Marty said:

I've bought 4 season tickets for years but cut it to 2 this season but kept the same MGSF donation. If SL is back next year, I may not buy any at all. Its time for some new energy & excitement around this program.

2 hours ago, MeanGreenDan said:

This would be the first time I ever questioned renewing. But I would definitely think hard about supporting another year of the same.

2 hours ago, Old Eagle said:

Refusing to financially support the program is the only way to force the administration into making a long overdue change. My wife and I were season tickets holders and avid supporters for years. The last season tickets we purchased were in 2021 and we became so frustrated with the situation that we only attended two games. We didn’t renew our tickets this year and have no regrets. Would certainly love to return but SL has to go or we will not.

Speak with your wallets. It's the loudest voice you have. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

23 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

If we avoid a lot of transfers, we’ll have a TON of starters back next year. I think 5 would be the most likely number. La Tech, ACU, Navy, Temple, Tulsa, Memphis, and UAB are all winnable. 

But ..... we need somebody to coach those players up. We don't have that at the HC position now.

23 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

If we avoid a lot of transfers, we’ll have a TON of starters back next year. I think 5 would be the most likely number. La Tech, ACU, Navy, Temple, Tulsa, Memphis, and UAB are all winnable. 

Memphis, UAB, and Temple are HOME conference games that should be competitive. Of the road conference games, Tulsa and Navy are our best chances for ROAD conference wins. Don't forget we get Cal (4-8 this year) at home. That plus Abilene Christian and LaTech (in Rustin) are win opportunities. Then there is the unknown fourth non-con game that hasn't been scheduled yet.

UTSA at home plus SMU and Tulane on the road would be toughest. 

IF we don't lose good players AND we get inspirational leadership from the HC position, 8-4 or 7-5 next year is possible.

• Upvote 2

I will be renewing my season tickets like I always do and always will.

I know some have called this “entertainment” and we should quit contributing if we aren’t entertained.   However, that’s how I view the Cowboys.   This is my alma mater and I will support it always as best I can financially and other wise, and I’ll give feedback when I don’t like how it’s going.   I will even grudgingly go to the bowl game - till it’s a blow out and then I’ll go to the bar.

go mean green.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1