To Renew Season Tickets yet again 🤔

zenhuddy

48 minutes ago, zenhuddy said:

Back when the New Stadium opened my wife and I decided to buy in and we paid the $12.5 for the option to buy Hub Club tickets that right now run around $1650 for two seats - not much a bargain for a coach with a record of 44-44 in 7 yrs. Does anyone offer to discount tickets due to performance- Nope. I’m ok with some rebuilding yrs along the way but expect for my investment to return a little better than .500 - Don’t you ?  I’m not asking for the moon really - my list would be avg 8 games a year and say 50% on bowl wins with maybe a 10 game win year every 3-4 yrs. To be competitive with the conference we play in and to recruit local talent as we have way more kids available than we have spots open. We should get a Guyer,  Ryan and Argyle player every year at a minimum plus 7-10 from this DFW metroplex area. Based on what we are seeing our local relationships are below avg at best and to me that’s totally I unacceptable. I saw a radius map of TCU and SMU like 2yrs ago - TCU had an 83 mile radius and SMU was about 170-180 miles for like 70% of the team.  Wonder how we look ? Portal not sure we got this figured out to well yet based on performance. So with this being said as a UNT Alum that has spend money in good faith that we’d have something to support and enjoy - what to do - how long is enough- what are we doing to make things better from a leadership direction? I am not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel - I want too and have stood behind this program but it’s getting painful and not sure how much more it’s worth 🏈 - Guess we will see what the next month brings if anything? #GMG 

I know your pain, because we have done same  along with being an active donor. ( being at the Arkansas game being my most memorable moment) Only to watch us lose the La Tech and then watch the disaster of Mason’s final year. This year even through we renewed did not attend one game! The continue blow out by other G5 schools is just gut wrenching. Without an AD making a change is going to be tough. It is time for the big 5 (donors) along with Moseley and Pres Smat to fire Seth and make a change now! Wren came in with Seth already hired. What are your options, to give him a 2 year extension? Seth’s time to get the fans back is over. I believe this forum is additional proof to that point. We will not renew or donate to football until there is a change. We will continue to support BB and Mc! We love UNT!!!

• Upvote 6
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 minute ago, southsideguy said:

what happens when UNT runs out of consumers?

My family was talking about the book store the other day. They don't run out of customers. They have several thousand new ones each year. Now they could all go across the street, but that takes an extra 10 to 15 minutes. So, do they feel the same way about the stadium. I am not sure, but they should start thinking about it ,because the customer just might end up across the street. The Flutie effect.

we will also have to find a DC because Bennet only signed a 2 year deal.

Is just me but do we always seem to be a young team?  I don't recall in while being heavy with SR and JR. I thought we would beat UAB this year.  

I see two we should win but the others will be a toss up. I am afraid the talent level is better in the AAC.

But I hope you are right.  

We need a good qb so teams cant stack the box on us.  What worries me if Aune was the best we had do we have qb that be that good qb.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

what happens when UNT runs out of consumers?  If I make widgets and no consumers want them do I continue making them because I like the widget?

Did you see our butts in seats this season? Homecoming? That’s what happens. And it will get worse if they don’t make a change 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Did you see our butts in seats this season? Homecoming? That’s what happens. And it will get worse if they don’t make a change 

Yes... butts in seats attendance this season was downright embarrassing. But that's what happens when you get boatraced in all of your OOC games year after year. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

9 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

If we avoid a lot of transfers, we’ll have a TON of starters back next year. I think 5 would be the most likely number. La Tech, ACU, Navy, Temple, Tulsa, Memphis, and UAB are all winnable. 

Now I know why you have “crazy” in your name.  You are assuming the QB’s riding the bench this year are better than Aune.   Almost all games FBS vs FBS are "winnable" tha is why we watch them.  With Seth at the helm and a QB on par with Aune or worse we will only be favored in 3 of those games you listed barring catastrophes at Memphis, UAB, and Tulsa.  The line against Navy is 100% unpredictable they just plug and play the best midshipmen athletes available.  If they are smart, highly displined and get a few guys with speed in the right positions they punch way above their weight.  We will likely be favored only against Temple, ACU, and La Tech.  And what is Seth going to do to fix the defense if he is still here?  If the defense regresses even more we are looking at Mac's last year here.

• Upvote 2

Refusing to financially support the program is the only way to force the administration into making a long overdue change. My wife and I were season tickets holders and avid supporters for years. The last season tickets we purchased were in 2021 and we became so frustrated with the situation that we only attended two games. We didn’t renew our tickets this year and have no regrets. Would certainly love to return but SL has to go or we will not.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, southsideguy said:

we will also have to find a DC because Bennet only signed a 2 year deal.

Is just me but do we always seem to be a young team?  I don't recall in while being heavy with SR and JR. I thought we would beat UAB this year.  

I see two we should win but the others will be a toss up. I am afraid the talent level is better in the AAC.

But I hope you are right.  

We need a good qb so teams cant stack the box on us.  What worries me if Aune was the best we had do we have qb that be that good qb.

Bennett needs to retire again. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

If we avoid a lot of transfers, we’ll have a TON of starters back next year. I think 5 would be the most likely number. La Tech, ACU, Navy, Temple, Tulsa, Memphis, and UAB are all winnable. 

Reminder, we still have one game to fill. Would expect the push will be made to find a very winnable game

18 hours ago, shaft said:

Simple solution.  If you want to watch UNT play live, then buy your season tickets.  Your a consumer nothing more, no one owes you anything.  If you Cowboys ticket you don't get to pick the players.  If you buy NASCAR tickets you don't to pick the driver's crew chief.  You are buying tickets for your own entertainment.  

First of all if you want to watch UNT play live you don’t have to buy season tickets. There are plenty of seats available at discount pricing. 
I also think we are a little more than consumers. This is our school. Our university. Our Alma Mater. It’s a lot different than being a Cowboy fan. 

• Upvote 2