DRC: 5 thoughts on North Texas' loss to UTSA in the Conference USA championship game

Brett Vito

1 hour ago, Mike Jackson said:

A flat line isn’t upwards. 🤷🏾‍♂️

But being in a conference championship game is.  This message board is full of the same middle-age group thinkers that has howled for every head coaching firing and thought the high school coach was the solution to everything.

Seth is a very good coach, unfortunately he hasn't proven himself to be a next level coach.  UNT is a very good school/program, unfortunately it's never proven it's self to be a next level program/school.  There is no golden era of UNT football where we won all these games and bowls.  Good enough is good enough.  You can't say you "deserve" better without doing things like selling out the stadium or booster club events.   I was at Alumni Association watch party last name, it maybe at 50 people and I'm not sure it raised any money for the program.

• Upvote 5
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 10

13 minutes ago, shaft said:

I was at Alumni Association watch party last name, it maybe at 50 people and I'm not sure it raised any money for the program.

Not surprised.  Alumni will support winners.  When the fundraising for a new stadium started I made the donation and commitment for Club Level seating.  I could finally see we were getting serious about football.  10 hour round trip to watch UNT football in a very fine facility.  Sadly, I no longer make the trip (too far and I’m too old) to see crappy football.  I’m sure others are the same.  But I do donate enough to get two basketball season tickets.  And due to distance I  won’t attend those games either.

However, should UNT deliver on a good football coach I’ll revisit the Club Level again.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

7 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

10 hour round trip to watch UNT football in a very fine facility.  

I’m curious about this. I love 9 hrs away from Denton. That’s a Commitment to buy season tix. Are y’all making that money back by selling them in the marketplace? I could stomach a 10-20% loss on those but tix unused is a hard swallow. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Not surprised.  Alumni will support winners.  When the fundraising for a new stadium started I made the donation and commitment for Club Level seating.  I could finally see we were getting serious about football.  10 hour round trip to watch UNT football in a very fine facility.  Sadly, I no longer make the trip (too far and I’m too old) to see crappy football.  I’m sure others are the same.  But I do donate enough to get two basketball season tickets.  And due to distance I  won’t attend those games either.

However, should UNT deliver on a good football coach I’ll revisit the Club Level again.

So your definition of the good football was the MAC years?  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, shaft said:

But being in a conference championship game is.  This message board is full of the same middle-age group thinkers that has howled for every head coaching firing and thought the high school coach was the solution to everything.

Seth is a very good coach, unfortunately he hasn't proven himself to be a next level coach.  UNT is a very good school/program, unfortunately it's never proven its self to be a next level program/school.  There is no golden era of UNT football where we won all these games and bowls.  Good enough is good enough.  You can't say you "deserve" better without doing things like selling out the stadium or booster club events.   I was at Alumni Association watch party last name, it maybe at 50 people and I'm not sure it raised any money for the program.

This board has collectively addressed this toxic take of yours for weeks if not months. The “good enough is good enough” comment is worth 1000 puking Eagle emojis. Please don’t use your alumni association experience as an excuse for accepting the position we’re in.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, shaft said:

This message board is full of the same middle-age group thinkers that has howled for every head coaching firing and thought the high school coach was the solution to everything.

A clear tell of a weak argument is when the author resorts to using ageism, which in my experience, is no different than racism or using gender as a sword.  I’m 35, so does that mean I’m too old to have a valid opinion of the state of the North Texas athletic department? GTFO😤 with your stupid bullshit @shaft

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Pissed 1

18 hours ago, shaft said:

Seth is a very good coach, unfortunately he hasn't proven himself to be a next level coach.  UNT is a very good school/program, unfortunately it's never proven it's self to be a next level program/school.  There is no golden era of UNT football where we won all these games and bowls.  Good enough is good enough.  You can't say you "deserve" better without doing things like selling out the stadium or booster club events.   I was at Alumni Association watch party last name, it maybe at 50 people and I'm not sure it raised any money for the program.

Seth is that you? In all seriousness, you’re  right the fans need to do more and support the program. However, when this team wins consistently, which is rare, the fans show out. In 2018 when we started off 4-0 we had 30k for a conference opponent that most fair weather fans don’t know. We also had 28k for SMU that season and 25-26k for the UTEP game. If we had the same level of success that UTSA has had over the last two years, support would increase exponentially.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

Seth is that you? In all seriousness, you’re  right the fans need to do more and support the program. However, when this team wins consistently, which is rare, the fans show out. In 2018 when we started off 4-0 we had 30k for a conference opponent that most fair weather fans don’t know. We also had 28k for SMU that season and 25-26k for the UTEP game. If we had the same level of success that UTSA has had over the last two years, support would increase exponentially.

I don’t understand why this so difficult for some people to get….

get a coach that wins a lot and every problem we have goes away. Every single one. Winning is the best marketing dept there is 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenDan said:

So two winning seasons, two losing seasons. Seth Littrell and a .500 record, you say?

I would say when MF was here you believed in the guy..maybe not so much SL but at least with Fine you felt like we had a chance to win in every game. I don’t have that same feeling since he left. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Mason Fine was a darn good QB.  Littrell was just......Littrell.

I don’t think this is fair.  

Early years Littrell, pre-KSSt flirting, was a completely different guy than this laissez-faire, unmotivated, eeyore-like guy we’ve seen since.

He used to be excited all the time!

Remember, “Get after their ass!” was the thing we used to make fun of him saying all the time back in 2017...  Not his robotic, “all 3 phases” tagline he uses now.

Something changed in him.   I don’t know what it was, or why though.

• Upvote 1