WanderingEagle

11 hours ago, WanderingEagle said:

Littrell is 0-7 in the postseason, we all know this, but the average margin of defeat is 21.7 points. 

Three touchdowns difference.

Embarrassing, degrading, humiliating, and nothing will be done about it because we're "competitive" and that's enough apparently. I am so glad I didn't spend a dime on this team in 2022 and I won't be spending a dime on them in 2023. Lousy. 

Apparent there are a few big money donorS that are perfectly fine with that.  I am not one to tell people how to waste their money but it’s dam confusing to me how they enjoy sitting in a stadium with 6A high school attendance numbers (actually counting buts in seats).  How are they going to sell higher priced club level seats next year?  I notice it appears the club seats no longer appear on the exchanges.  I sure as hell wouldn’t be paying for club seats if I knew there was no way to mitigate the wasted money from games I don’t want to go to later in the year cause they are mediocre or just plain bad.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

27 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Apparent there are a few big money donorS that are perfectly fine with that.  I am not one to tell people how to waste their money but it’s dam confusing to me how they enjoy sitting in a stadium with 6A high school attendance number (actually counting buts in seats).  How are they going to sell higher priced club level seats next year?  I notice it appears the club seats no longer appear on the exchanges.  I sure as hell wouldn’t be paying for club seats if I knew there was no way to mitigate the wasted money from games I don’t want to go to later in the year cause they are mediocre or just plain bad.

Because the old heads have seen us fail at the FCS level so it could always be worse and young fans like myself should know better than to be unrealistically expecting better. /sarcasm

• Upvote 5

I’ve said it here before.  If Seth Littrell isn’t fired, I’m going to buy GA season tickets and sit on the 50 in some chumps empty seat, lower my donation to the minimum to keep my basketball seats, and designate my donation to Grant’s program.  Yes…I understand that action has a negative impact on soccer, softball, golf, etc.  However, the UNT administration isn’t listening to fans.  They only listen to the people who give enough to name the buildings after and they bitch about the people who don’t come to watch their .500 team barely beat Rice.  Tell me I’m the problem…call me a fair weather fan.  I. Don’t. Care.  Everyone knows Seth is the problem…I am not the problem.

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, WanderingEagle said:

Because the old heads have seen us fail at the FCS level so it could always be worse and young fans like myself should know better than to be unrealistically expecting better. /sarcasm

And those same old heads Have been around North Texas long enough to understand that the highest levels of administration at North Texas for the last 40 years have not been committed to excellence in our football's on the field performance. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

And those same old heads Have been around North Texas long enough to understand that the highest levels of administration at North Texas for the last 40 years have not been committed to excellence in our football's on the field performance. 

I'm not buying this anymore. 

Our facilities are up at the top. And plans are to continue improvements. 

Our pay structures are at the top. 

Support is there. Results are not. 

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I'm not buying this anymore. 

Our facilities are up at the top. And plans are to continue improvements. 

Our pay structures are at the top. 

Support is there. Results are not. 

Sometimes our program reminds me of an old episode of the show Happy Days (you young whipper snappers may not remember this one 😈) where they fixed up a car and it looked nice on the outside but underneath the hood the engine didn't work.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Sometimes our program reminds me of an old episode of the show Happy Days (you young whipper snappers may not remember this one 😈) where they fixed up a car and it looked nice on the outside but underneath the hood the engine didn't work.

Haha..i know the show. Not the episode. 

But that's a possible metaphor. 

Smastrek has to man up. Though the silence right now is deafening. 

I keep hearing about these “big money donors” who love Seth and have shielded him. Who are they? Do we know for a fact they are shielding him? 

Most “big money” people run businesses, and usually care more about performance than protecting people. They might “like” someone, but results are results. You don’t become a “big money” donor by sitting on people who don’t perform. What am I missing?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

My sentiment totally - this is not just a one or two person decision in my humble opinion, as this has been a organizational commitment type deal. 
Our current president has done x-times more that anyone I’ve seen from his position and credit him for a ton of good changes we have seen but does he say this “is the plan” and just do it, w/o regents, etc buying in ? I’m not sure honestly. If we let go the head coach soon it indicates we ( the school) wants more - if nothing happens, I’d say we need to stop bashing in our heads and just decide to be a fan or move on to UT or TCU, or somewhere else. JMO 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, zenhuddy said:

My sentiment totally - this is not just a one or two person decision in my humble opinion, as this has been a organizational commitment type deal. 
Our current president has done x-times more that anyone I’ve seen from his position and credit him for a ton of good changes we have seen but does he say this “is the plan” and just do it, w/o regents, etc buying in ? I’m not sure honestly. If we let go the head coach soon it indicates we ( the school) wants more - if nothing happens, I’d say we need to stop bashing in our heads and just decide to be a fan or move on to UT or TCU, or somewhere else. JMO 

Yes, that's how I see it. We can all want to be better and see the program represent the university to the best of its ability. If they move on, it states just that from an organization standpont that being better is a new standard and .500 is not good enough as a representation of the university. If they hold, then they are telling the fans that this is in fact good enough. And if that happens, why bother? If they are content with .500 ball why should the fans care at all? 

46 minutes ago, zenhuddy said:

My loyalty is to my alma mater not UT, TCU or anyone else.  There are an amazing number of NT alums that have done as you suggest, but most current NT fans have long passed that easy and total unsatisfactory answer. 

However, I would be surprised and disappointed if NT does not make a football coach change.  There is just very little upside to retaining Littrell.  It doesn't even make financially sense, the cost of the buyout will be less than the lost revenues in terms of donations, ticket sales and promotion. 

Littrell is not a bad head coach, he is just not good enough to bring NT forward.  He presents a positive image, is apparently well liked by the team and does everything right but consistently win or win at all in important games.  

Time for a change, expecting Littrell to perform better against better competition is madness.  

• Upvote 3

I call B.S. on the long held rumor that “Big Money Donors” don’t care if we win. Why would these people, obviously successful and thus competitive, throw money at a losing proposition?  That is counterintuitive to who they are and how they achieved what they have.  

• Lovely Take 3
  • Oh Boy! 1

24 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I call B.S. on the long held rumor that “Big Money Donors” don’t care if we win. Why would these people, obviously successful and thus competitive, throw money at a losing proposition?  That is counterintuitive to who they are and how they achieved what they have.  

This is EXACTLY what I’m driving at. It doesn’t make any sense. 

Edited by yyz28
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

2 minutes ago, yyz28 said:

This is EXACTLY what I’m driving at. It doesn’t make any sense. 

While true to you both. But money creates power which creates egos. They might have their teeth so sunk into the notion of SL being their guy that it would fracture fragile egos to admit mistakes with wholesale changes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

While true to you both. But money creates power which creates egos. They might have their teeth so sunk into the notion of SL being their guy that it would fracture fragile egos to admit mistakes with wholesale changes. 

I respect your opinion, but I have to say, this doesn’t reflect the tone or attitude of most wealthy people I know, work for or with. Most are the first to acknowledge something isn’t working and shifting gears quickly. It is this flexibility that often allows them to dust off from setbacks and mistakes and keep going. The “rich guy” ego is more of a movie myth than a reality in my experience. There are exceptions, but think about the “wealthy” UNT alum. Likely wasn’t born with a silver spoon in his mouth and is self made…

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, yyz28 said:

I respect your opinion, but I have to say, this doesn’t reflect the tone or attitude of most wealthy people I know, work for or with. Most are the first to acknowledge something isn’t working and shifting gears quickly. It is this flexibility that often allows them to dust off from setbacks and mistakes and keep going. The “rich guy” ego is more of a movie myth than a reality in my experience. There are exceptions, but think about the “wealthy” UNT alum. Likely wasn’t born with a silver spoon in his mouth and is self made…

I get that. Then it makes 0 sense. 

• Upvote 1