Where do we go from here?

meangreenfaninno

2 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

The picture painted in that post is not true, Head coaches get fired at the end of the season through the bowls every year. They may have some hurtles to cross but a good coach can do it. The portal opening Monday is not the end of the world. 

The rules are different now then in the past, we are probably going to see a record number of transfers this week and through out the window.  With UNT moving to the top G5 conference there will be a lot of interest from good players from around the country, and the program needs to be ready to capitalize.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

The rules are different now then in the past, we are probably going to see a record number of transfers this week and through out the window.  With UNT moving to the top G5 conference there will be a lot of interest from good players from around the country, and the program needs to be ready to capitalize.  

It does not change the fact that we can get a new coach. Whether it is currently ideal or not might be a different story. I am not sure the conditions for a new coach are ever ideal. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

It does not change the fact that we can get a new coach. Whether it is currently ideal or not might be a different story. I am not sure the conditions for a new coach are ever ideal. 

But any good coach wants to know the place he’s going to has the right pieces in place to make it successful.  Dr. Smatresk is nearing retirement, and UNT has a new Chancellor Mike Williams.  Why would Gary Patterson come here not knowing who his boss is?  Why would any good coach do that?  Also Smatresk doing a national search anf committe will likely take months to play out and being right smack dab in the holidays doesnt help either.

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Jonnyeagle said:

But any good coach wants to know the place he’s going to has the right pieces in place to make it successful.  Dr. Smatresk is nearing retirement, and UNT has a new Chancellor Mike Williams.  Why would Gary Patterson come here not knowing who his boss is?  Why would any good coach do that?  Also Smatresk doing a national search anf committe will likely take months to play out and being right smack dab in the holidays doesnt help either.

So your saying we have not already done a big search? That Seth's Job has been a lock all season? 

2 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

I  gotta believe that they knew this was going to happen and have set in motion a plan to take care of this. But you never know. 

10 minutes ago, MeanGreenDan said:

UNT will hire an AD who will give Littrell a 1 year extension and we’ll have another year of this crap atleast and potentially 2 if we’re so unlucky

9 minutes ago, MeanGreenDan said:

This is what will happen. Bet on it.

I can't see an extension that short ever happening unless it was just to defer retirement, why would an agent for Seth allow anything short of a three year extension? 

if they don't like it Seth and his agent can leave, he has no leverage this time.  I saw a SEC short and Sexton was named and they spoke of his contracts and how one sided they are but he makes the schools feel like they are coming out on top.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

UNT will hire an AD who will give Littrell a 1 year extension and we’ll have another year of this crap atleast and potentially 2 if we’re so unlucky

In reality, why do we need to extend?   He’s under contract for 2023.  The optics aren’t great to be working under the last year of a contract but if he doesn’t like it, he can beat feet.  

Professional athletes often have their best years in a contract year.  He can fight for a new contract here or fight for another opportunity outside.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Green with Envy said:

In reality, why do we need to extend?   He’s under contract for 2023.  The optics aren’t great to be working under the last year of a contract but if he doesn’t like it, he can beat feet.  

Professional athletes often have their best years in a contract year.  He can fight for a new contract here or fight for another opportunity outside.  

I agree with you but he has a shark agent (Sexton) who will threaten for him to leave UNT for a smaller school G5 HC job or even a P5 OC gig if he isn’t given 4-5 year extension.  Seths agent has been a real problem for UNT.  Hes the one that convinced us Seth was heading for KSU.  I still have my doubts he was ever offered that job.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jonnyeagle said:

I agree with you but he has a shark agent (Sexton) who will threaten for him to leave UNT for a smaller school G5 HC job or even a P5 OC gig if he isn’t given 4-5 year extension.  Seths agent has been a real problem for UNT.  Hes the one that convinced us Seth was heading for KSU.  I still have my doubts he was ever offered that job.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Green with Envy said:

Im just making fun of how we’re stuck in this and it will probably continue with the next AD

• Upvote 2