Where do we go from here?

meangreenfaninno

36 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

It would be foolish to do something now. With the portal starting today and early signing right around the corner, there HAS to be some stability going into spring or this program will be in shambles. Get our AD in place and see if Seth will make it half way through next season. I predict not, unless he's undefeated, and I doubt that.

Not true at all, how silly. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

21 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

Obviously a change needs to be made, but it to late to fire the coach, the timing is bad, the transfer window is about to open, and next season's roster is going to be built over the next couple weeks. 

Absolutely not true, let him go now. 

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

3 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

It would be foolish to do something now. With the portal starting today and early signing right around the corner, there HAS to be some stability going into spring or this program will be in shambles. Get our AD in place and see if Seth will make it half way through next season. I predict not, unless he's undefeated, and I doubt that.

Similar to last year right?  Always an excuse to hang on to a mediocre coach around here. Based on what?  WHATEVER they do 2023 is going to be a 💩 show.   I say start preparing for 2024 as soon as possible.  What good recruits or transfers with more than 1 year of eligibility left coming to play for a lame duck coach with a below 0.500 record?  What the hell is a coach that is going to be fired mid season next year salvaging of value for the 2024 team?  

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

Absolutely not true, let him go now. 

I don't know if its true or not. I would expect a quick A.D. hire as our president should of had a heads up that Baker was leaving. Before the new AD comes on board the decision of whether to terminate Sittrell or not should have been made. A new broom sweeps clean, and most AD's want to hire their coaching staff, especially if there is a change that probably needs to be made. Before Baker went to WVU their president had already decided that Brown was staying.What surprises  me is that Herman went to FAU. I am not a Herman fan, but his college background is Houston and UT. My son lives in Ft. Lauderdale , I have been to several Owl games, and their stadium reminds me of ULM.

• Puking Eagle 1

People saying it's too late to fire him is wrong. It's not ideal. But it's never too late or early. It has to be right. It was right after the Miami(OH) loss. It is right, now. 

Can't move up if you don't take chances. I'd rather have a dude in here pulling transfers and jucos and selective HS kids with energy and promise. Then, going 3-9 or 4-8 next season is tolerable. We are gelling. Players are learning. Probably need 1 more transfer/juco/HS class to be pretty competitive in AAC. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, meangreenfaninno said:

I am feeling really defeated about the state of UNT football and sports in general.  Losing Wren was a gut punch but now Seth losing like he did tonight gives me very little hope for the future.

To Denton, there is a basketball game tonight.

Wren was fine, but was he really all that great if we are still stuck with Seth?   Wren did nothing about it.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Sadly the president and our former AD put us in the situation. 7 years in with the salary he makes it should not be coming down to performance at the end of a year to retain a coach. So now we're stuck with asking the question is it better to leave in a coach And continue to alienate the fan base or make the change? I think we may be putting too much emphasis on this 1st transfer portal window As we will probably not be as active in the 1st window as we will in the 2nd window.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I've been to 4 games in 3 years.  3 were Homecoming and the Frisco Bowl. I regretted the bowl. I will always go to Homecoming. It's my obligation to the University to go. 

But, that's it. Has been it. Will comtinue to be it. 

My guess you have spent close to an thousand hours on a team's message board compared to approximately 12 hours watching the games in person in the last 3 years.   Obviously your choice, but it looks like a strange obsession.  

• Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, GrandGreen said:

My guess you have spent close to an thousand hours on a team's message board compared to approximately 12 hours watching the games in person in the last 3 years.   Obviously your choice, but it looks like a strange obsession.  

I'm still a fan. And when direction is clear I'll certainly be back. My only voice is my physical presence, or lack thereof in this case. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

what do you mean not true?  The transfer portal window opens on Monday December 5th.

read up on it here:  https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-transfer-portal-2023-live-updates-college-football-transfer-tracker-powered-by-247sports/live/

The picture painted in that post is not true, Head coaches get fired at the end of the season through the bowls every year. They may have some hurtles to cross but a good coach can do it. The portal opening Monday is not the end of the world. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MrAlien said:

what do you mean not true?  The transfer portal window opens on Monday December 5th.

read up on it here:  https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-transfer-portal-2023-live-updates-college-football-transfer-tracker-powered-by-247sports/live/

Dude do you really think lame duck BELOW 0.500 against FBS competition Seth & company is going to be able retain and/or attract good players considering the transfer portal?  🤣.  They will be bargain basement shopping and maybe “get lucky” getting a talented player with a bad locker room reputation.