Where do we go from here?

meangreenfaninno

46 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

We don't go anywhere from here. Seth will be back next year and he'll win 6 games and we'll be doing the same song and dance negotiation of just how awful he really is 

If they hit six wins it will be because a QB that should have started this year gets a chance and accomplishes the virtually impossible; 60% completions and 3-1 TD to Int ratio. (according the Aune supporters).

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wardly said:

We got beat by a better team with better players a better coach. Now what to do? We are paying $2 million per year for a coach who has lost as many games as he has won in his tenure at UNT. Its just time that we go our separate ways.

Agreed. It’s just not going to happen though. 

• Upvote 5

It would be foolish to do something now. With the portal starting today and early signing right around the corner, there HAS to be some stability going into spring or this program will be in shambles. Get our AD in place and see if Seth will make it half way through next season. I predict not, unless he's undefeated, and I doubt that.

• Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 6

We need to hit the portal hard for LBs/DBs. I’m not sure what to think of the QB room either. Maybe we can get one of the Tulsa QBs, Davis Brinn or Braylon Braxton.

I assume Jordan Brown will replace KD. We will miss KD, he’s the leader of the defense.

Quinn Whitlock played a lot in the slot last night. He’s a senior, not sure who replaces him, maybe Nick Nakwassah. I will say, Quinn improved over the season. He was in on several tackles last night.

Sean Thomas-Faulkner he graduates as well. He was often overmatched but played with great effort. I’m not sure who replaces him either.

I am not worried about the OL. I guess Dane Jackson steps up at Center to replace Mose.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Yea, buddy.  I long for the days of going up against SFA, Lamar, ULL, Arky State, Houston Baptist, UT-Rio Grand Valley, and Tarlton State, Oklahoma Baptist, etc.

We are minutes away from being everybody’s homecoming.  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

Obviously a change needs to be made, but it to late to fire the coach, the timing is bad, the transfer window is about to open, and next season's roster is going to be built over the next couple weeks. 

Couldn't agree more.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, southsideguy said:

Once again Seth slides underneath the tag.  I am not buying the crap anymore.  I won't be back next year to watch the same plays over and over.

I've been to 4 games in 3 years.  3 were Homecoming and the Frisco Bowl. I regretted the bowl. I will always go to Homecoming. It's my obligation to the University to go. 

But, that's it. Has been it. Will comtinue to be it. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

The problem is you will have to address his contract, probably after the bowl game. I would not feel comfortable giving him an extension.

Giving him an extension would be insanity. Surely that option is not on the table.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1