2-5

Moobs

6 hours ago, Moobs said:

What is the significance of 2-5??

Well... it's our record this year against teams that will be in the American next year.

Absolutely atrocious.  Average loss in those 5 was by 18.6 points.  They were all double digit losses except the first UTSA loss.

Let this fool go already!  He ain't worth a damn.

How many teams with winning records did NT beat this year?

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Moobs said:

Well... it's our record this year against teams that will be in the American next year.

Absolutely atrocious.  Average loss in those 5 was by 18.6 points.  They were all double digit losses except the first UTSA loss.

The glaring difference,  in my view, has been recruiting  and ineffective use of the portal. The inability to address this rears its ugly head every time we play a meaningful game. We are outclassed every time. That should be the determining factor for his dismissal.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

The glaring difference,  in my view, has been recruiting  and ineffective use of the portal.

We're also a bit slow to exploit the NIL. Offering half off coupons at New York Sub Hub (lunch only) might not be enough to sway recruits.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

absolutely a recruiting issue... now moving to the AAC should help that, essentially going from the worst G% conference to the best, there will be more transfer interest from quality players. 

Hopefully they are using this in their pitch. But recruiters recruit all day, every day and they snag and go and pry and pull and let people know of their successful pulls and they just get after it. It's a constant. There are P5 coordinators out there in the landscape that are pretty bad X and O guys, but they hold so much value in the recruiting game they dictate a coordinator title and pay. I'm not so sure a new conference patch is going to help this crew throw out a wide net and close. 

I mean, imagine SL in his voice trying to close a SOC Golden Bear...

"I'm just a simple guy from Muskogee that loves my jeans and boots and chew tobbacco and I can take care of your son" 

Just, uh, naw man... I'm good. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Has SL ever recruited anyone?

I have no idea. But I can tell you this without having ever seen him communicate with a single recruit, he's not a closer. With his persona, mannerisms, likes, etc. There is no way he could be. 

And, as I've stated 27,574 times on GMG, recruiting is everything. You're either wheeling and dealing and positioning a program with power pulls and moves, Twitter snarks, or always talking about recruiting. 

Traylor, in his recruiting approach reminds me a lot of Kirby Smart and his approach. When either one of those guys are being interviewed regardless of the time of year it is, they are dropping recruiting lines, recruiting catch phrases or straight up talking about recruiting in an obvious advantageous way for their programs. Always. Never fails. 

SL is focusing on trying to quit staring at the tip of his nose with both eyes during his interviews. His comments are very forgettable, mundane. As if the interview didn't even hallen. Non-existent presence, if you will. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Traylor, in his recruiting approach reminds me a lot of Kirby Smart and his approach. When either one of those guys are being interviewed regardless of the time of year it is, they are dropping recruiting lines, recruiting catch phrases or straight up talking about recruiting in an obvious advantageous way for their programs. Always. Never fails. 

Traylor even used the on-field pregame interview to say "Birds up!" and do the hand gesture. Watching that MFer I have to stop myself from being fired up for UTSA. DESPITE MY VOLCANIC HATRED.

Edited by rcade
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Moobs said:

It doesn't get really all that much better when you look at all seven years, and particularly not when you look at the last 4. I will repost something I put up about 3 weeks ago, adjusted for the results since.

Under SL NT played 34 games against teams that will be in the AAC next year. The record is 14-20 (0.412), with an average score of 28-35.

SMU 1-6, average 23.6 - 44.7

UAB 1-4, average 23.0 - 35.8

UTSA 4-4, average 28.9 -29.0

Rice 6-1, average 29.3 -20.6

FAU 2-2, average 33.5 -44.0

Charlotte 0-2, average 29.5-44.0

Memphis 0-1, average 34.0-44.0

Never played: Temple, Navy, ECU, USF, Tulane, Tulsa

The average score is positive only against one team: Rice. Add that he hasn't won a single OOC game vs an FBS team since September 2018, and that of the above mentioned 14 wins against future conference mates 8 came in the first three years while he is 6-14 in the last four years, and it becomes hard to argue that things are good enough for the new conference or even developing in the right direction.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 2