I’m so Sports Sad

MeanGreenZen

I am naturally upset with some of the coaching and some of the teams play tonight, but this board is melting down a little much for what was a pretty predictable result. I thought our D would do better but we were pretty overmatched coming in. I want better but I set my expectations fairly low for this dub.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 3

3 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Did you see the list of starter UTSA was missing tonight? A loss was predictable. An embarrassment was not. UNT should not have been blown out in this game. I'd fire my mother if she was our coach tonight. 

Idk that I call 19 points a blowout. A solid defeat for sure, but we were in this game through 3.5 quarters. Just shot ourselves in the foot like always this season.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go save some anger for the US team tomorrow morning.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

3 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

Idk that I call 19 points a blowout. A solid defeat for sure, but we were in this game through 3.5 quarters. Just shot ourselves in the foot like always this season.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go save some anger for the US team tomorrow morning.

Absolutely right. The score got worse because they tried to force the homerun ball with 50(per)cent and ended up turning it over. 

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

17 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

I am naturally upset with some of the coaching and some of the teams play tonight, but this board is melting down a little much for what was a pretty predictable result. I thought our D would do better but we were pretty overmatched coming in. I want better but I set my expectations fairly low for this dub.

Old Denton was hoping and dreaming of a big upset and then prancing into the Toilet Bowl for another upset win. The Mighty Seth was going to lead NT to a 9-5 record and get that deserved extension. History, statistics, data, trends, etc. all obviously were saying NT would lose the title game and then will lose the bowl game. NT will finish 7-7. 

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Is consistently average-ish the best we can hope for as North Texas football fans? 

Yes- with the current coach!

No- for the money we are paying him.

I would not feel so bad if we were paying him, like $850k instead of $1.8m base salary. At least then I could stomach the W/L record— BUT would then be complaining about wanting better for a little bit more $$.

I still you would complain if he made 850k there no excuse not too.   He is way over paid for his performance.  He wins enough to keep the admin and super donors saying well maybe next year.  If we would have played our conference games first and the OCG last people would remember what a fraud he is.

SL is like an employee that shows up on time and does not call in sick but doesn't do anything while he is there.