Wren Absolutely Screwed Us

MGNation92

4 minutes ago, untbowler said:

LMAO!! You really think Wren had any say in FB decisions??

Of course he does..  You think Seth isn't pushing Smatty on Mosley?  Everybody kisses the ground Wren walks on around here and a lot of the AD is hoping and praying that they will be able to hitch a ride on the Wrenmobile to the mountains.   Please get a clue.

Edited by Tom McKrackin
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Of course he does..  You think Seth isn't pushing Smatty on Mosley?  Everybody kisses the ground Wren walks on around here and a lot of the AD is hoping and praying that they will be able to hitch a ride on the Wrenmobile to the mountains.   Please get a clue.

my clue is WB knew he had no control so take a small pay raise and head to the middle of know where WV to start P5, I do not worship a damn thing WB did.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 4

3 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

I also don't get why people fear that there will be a mass exodus of players if we fire SL. Some? Yes I can see that, but with the right hire I would hope the majority of players would be excited for the future. 

Yep, a lot of these possibly ‘’upset that Seth is leaving’’ weren’t good enough to win a division title in a CUSA that is weaker than the conference we are going to.  You think there is a max exodus if a coach with too good a resume for UNT show up?   There are a lot of good coaches that wouldn’t turn down 2.5 million per year.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

30 minutes ago, untbowler said:

LMAO!! You really think Wren had any say in FB decisions??

I've read this from several posters. If this is true then they can go douchebag off. All BMD can go douchebag off. I'd rather be underfunded 6-6 or 5-7 ULM rather than 7-6 us. It makes no difference. So, if you're reading this, go on now..

• Upvote 1
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

The key is they have to move fast...........the administration cant sit on their hands any longer.  If they need someone to be the ax man I will do it for free.  

I out do you I will show up with an prepaid UberXL Luxury  dressed in a tuxedo with white gloves with one those fancy envelopes with our university emblem on it on a sliver platter.    Dismissal letter will be inside with directions on how to contact the prepaid movers to clean out his office.  I will refrain from dancing like the sandman from amateur night at the Apollo.  The petty younger version of me might have done the dance.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Of course the AD has a say in football decisions, in what universe would he not.

Lot of references to super-donors having too much influence.  Pure conjecture, but obviously they do if they chose to use it.   Almost every upgrade in facilities are because of great donors.  They are still here, only the AD who may or may not had a lot to do with obtaining those contribution is gone. 

I am not too concerned about Baker leaving, it is going to happen if you make good hires at the G5 level.  

Not worried about a mass exodus of players leaving if Littrell is terminated.  NIL and P5 poaching may cause turnover, but I doubt losing a coach or AD will.  

NT has some very good young players, and losing them would hurt.  However, that also opens up a spot for perhap a better player.  

I think NT and Denton have a lot to offer, a lot more than Houston or San Antonio.  Of course, recruits may have a different view, but I would not downplay the allure of the DFW area while being in a great college sitting. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

For those panicking that the portal window is next week - Flash!!! In the pecking order we are probably not going to make that many moves until the second round. By then more players will fall out and there will be time for a new coach to recruit. Also, not to mention that coach has hopefully been recruiting at whatever school he is currently working at. 

• Upvote 1