If I’m Smatresk…

MeanGreenGlory

35 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

How many old coaches ever get fired and then find IT again at a new school?

Maybe Mack Brown. Not Dennis Franchionne. Not Larry Coker. Not Howard Schellenberger. Anyone?

Gary Patterson had TCU with a losing record last year. They ditch Patterson and with the same dang team will probably play for a national title. 

We have had it happen here before…

Maybe we shut down the football program (UAB) for two years and rebuild it from the ground up plus you can take as many non qualifiers as you like.  Only 8k fans would not even notice.  

Sorry I know it crazy idea but I am so tired of losing and looking forward to next year we will even lose more.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • RV 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 2

55 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Maybe we shut down the football program (UAB) for two years and rebuild it from the ground up plus you can take as many non qualifiers as you like.  Only 8k fans would not even notice.  

Sorry I know it crazy idea but I am so tired of losing and looking forward to next year we will even lose more.

ATTN Moderators- are yall going to allow this type of behavior?  Thisnguy pulls this crap after every game for goodness sake.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 5

11 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

How many old coaches ever get fired and then find IT again at a new school?

Maybe Mack Brown. Not Dennis Franchionne. Not Larry Coker. Not Howard Schellenberger. Anyone?

Gary Patterson had TCU with a losing record last year. They ditch Patterson and with the same dang team will probably play for a national title. 

What? Sonny Dykes, Hugh Freeze, Lane Kiffin, Gus Malzhan are recent ones that come to mind. You can't scratch a candidate off your list because another HC with a similar path didn't work out somewhere. Head Coaches get fired for all sorts of reasons...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

I think if Smatresk had any nuts he would never had let Seth back this year. So I could see Smatresk retiring and let someone else deal with this football nightmare.  

That would be extremely cowardly of both Wren and Smatresk, but also very NT of them. Create the problem then dip once it comes time to deal with the ramifications 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I actually think this would be a good plan.  Smatresk fires Littrell showing the new AD he can quickly pick his own football coach and part of the interview process would be who do you think you bring in as the new football head coach.  

Smatresk got us in this mess by hiring Littrell.

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

8 hours ago, NT80 said:

Smatresk got us in this mess by hiring Littrell.

Seth and his agent did the smart thing and leveraged his success to an overvalued extention.  Where Smattesk and Wren failed (they were not counting on sub .500 years) was getting into an agreement they could not afford to get out of if (and sadly for us it has been) when things don't work well.

It's sort of like the disclaimer you hear on investments - all investments come with a risk of loss and you should not risk more than you are willing to lose.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

I don’t, but I’d like to think he is level headed and objective enough at this stage in Seth’s tenure to see moving along as the only choice.

I agree, he is in charge of the "big picture".   I would have thought he might have given a statement about the State of Athletics since his buddy Wren is leaving and Football got roasted.  Maybe Monday?

• Upvote 5