"Golden Eagles" vs UTSA, according to Associated Press

eeeeagle

AP's write up of today's conference championship on ESPN website:

image.png.b7a6fa5bbf145977be36ce4da7058724.png

I know ESPN couldn't give two shits about us but the disrespect is just... laughable. It's become a staple for our brand at this point to mis-identify our logo, name, etc.

EDIT: see my edited comment down below. A little dose of sweet sweet karma I suppose.

Edited by eeeeagle
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Pissed 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

36 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

Another write up referred to us as the  

Green Wave. 

It’s our OWN FAULT. When you breed mediocrity the nation or national press will never respect you. 

true. I've just never seen it at this level for a collegiate team. Some college programs are so notoriously bad that when they get press they at least get the decency of running their article through a spell check.

Like, maybe take the 5 seconds to verify the teams mascot before you publish? It wouldn't be something I'd care about if I didn't EXPECT this to happen. Seriously. I've seen it so many times.

Just boggles my mind.

• Thanks 2

Plenty of this is our fault but this poor excuse for journalism is also the result of exchanging quality standards (both in education and in the workplace) for DEI check boxes and other progressive accomplishments, such as the "everyone gets a trophy" concept.

Edited by meaniegreenie
  • Upvote 1

SLIGHT CORRECTION:

For all the pearl clutching I've been doing in this thread, I need to take a bit of my own medicine.

This article was actually written by the AP. I guess ESPN has some sort of agreement with the AP to publish their game previews on their website.

Please redirect all ire towards the AP.

I'm gonna go touch grass.

Edited by eeeeagle

• eeeeagle changed the title to "Golden Eagles" vs UTSA, according to Associated Press