****OFFICIAL 2022 C-USA CHAMPIONSHIP IN-GAME DISCUSSION****

Coach Andy Mac

1 minute ago, cousin oliver said:

I really don't think he is a bot.

No. I'm not a bot. I type fast and misspell shit and don't care. 

I'm opinionated and it hurts feelings. And I'm right. And it hurts peoples feelings more when they realize that. There are people on here that   share my opinions, but they're not as vocal and they run from critiscism quickly. Me, I don't give a flying fuuuuuu. So, I continue to voice my opinion. People try to "out" me as if I care, but my name is Ben Gooding and I've been a fan since 2011. Shit, furthermore, my Twitter handle is @BenBGooding 

There ya go. No bot

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

I just don't think it is fair to blame it all on Aune.  What about the defense letting them score at will? 

No it isn't all Aune's fault. But his pick near the end of the 1st half led to the TD that cost us the lead, and we never recovered. Also. Harris was able to make the plays when our defense put UTSA behind the chains. Aune wasn't close to being as efficient. Personally, I believe there is a lot of blame to go around.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

Overall yes, but there was some very half-assed efforts on some of the attempted tackles.

Late, yes. I agree. 

In today's game, not like the old timer game/boomer game, offense efficiency/confidence in the O brings exponentially more effort on defense. It's starting to show its head at all levels. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I'm not sure fans understand, like, the dumb one's. But UTSA will slide into the mid to upper echelon of the middle of the pack of the AAC. As it sits, we will be in the bottom 3. 

I don't know if next year's AAC is good enough to push UTSA to the middle of the pack and UNT to the bottom 3. Here's this year's conference records for all of next year's AAC teams:

UTSA (CUSA): 8-0

Tulane (AAC): 7-1

UNT (CUSA): 6-2

SMU (AAC): 5-3

UAB (CUSA): 4-4

ECU (AAC): 4-4

FAU (CUSA): 4-4

Memphis (AAC): 3-5

Tulsa (AAC): 3-5

Charlotte (CUSA): 2-6

Temple (AAC): 1-7

USF (AAC): 0-8

UNT has a better record than three CUSA mates coming with us and two AAC left-behinds have one conference win between them, Temple and USF. There's a lot of mediocrity in conference for our tradition of slightly above mediocre football to put us ahead of those schools.

• Upvote 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 3

1 minute ago, rcade said:

I don't know if next year's AAC is good enough to push UTSA to the middle of the pack and UNT to the bottom 3. Here's this year's conference records for all of next year's AAC teams:

UTSA (CUSA): 8-0

Tulane (AAC): 7-1

UNT (CUSA): 6-2

SMU (AAC): 5-3

UAB (CUSA): 4-4

ECU (AAC): 4-4

FAU (CUSA): 4-4

Memphis (AAC): 3-5

Tulsa (AAC): 3-5

Charlotte (CUSA): 2-6

Temple (AAC): 1-7

USF (AAC): 0-8

UNT has a better record than three CUSA mates coming with us and two AAC left-behinds have one conference win between them, Temple and USF. There's a lot of mediocrity in conference for our tradition of slightly above mediocre football to put us ahead of those schools.

Lol. Oh you funny North Texas fan you, just meshing together CUSA records with AAC rexords. As another poster said tonight stated that I thought was funny...unbelievable, amazing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Mean Green fans hoping Traylor gets hired by a P5 sooner, rather than later

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952st0h9gcpj7s3jld231e

Billy Napier goes 40-12 in four years and that's enough for him to leap from the Sun Belt to one of the SEC fat cats.

Jeff Traylor is 30-9 in three years. Another 10-win season ought to be enough to rid us of this meddlesome priest.

• Upvote 6

31 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

I don’t care for this. I want us to improve, not for our competition to suck 

I would love to agree with you if I had any confidence our athletic department or administrators placed a serious emphasis on succeeding in football

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Lol. Oh you funny North Texas fan you, just meshing together CUSA records with AAC rexords. As another poster said tonight stated that I thought was funny...unbelievable, amazing. 

If I may interrupt your unbroken record of being right, Mr. Vocal Hurter of Feelings who's only been a fan since Obama was president, I wasn't assuming the records would stay the same. But the records show that two current AAC teams are world-class terrible and we're bringing several bad teams along with us.

I've been a UNT fan since Reagan was president. Even if he had forgotten it by that time.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

3 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I rewound the game. The ref walked away from the ball with 2 seconds left on the playclock. There was no time to even snap the ball...

That was the screwup, sitting too long to step out.  The play clock was actually running correctly with the 40.  Kickoffs that are fair caught are spotted and the Auto-40 sec clock starts automatically unless the Media rep indicates that TV wants a timeout. (they did not).

We got out there a little late also, but should have had about 10 seconds or so to run a play.  It is not the crew's job to ensure the defense isn't lollygagging.

• Upvote 2

Tonight I watched a fine football game.  It was a hard fought battle, with big plays on each side of the ball.  Some unexpected heroes, great coaching, good halftime adjustments, and time management battles that went down to literally the last minute.

Malakoff beat Grandview to advance to the State semifinals.

Friday night is for high school football.  UNT should remember that in the future.  Fortunately, I'm certain the AAC won't be chained to such a schedule.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 5

4 hours ago, Texas Stranger said:

That was the screwup, sitting too long to step out.  The play clock was actually running correctly with the 40.  Kickoffs that are fair caught are spotted and the Auto-40 sec clock starts automatically unless the Media rep indicates that TV wants a timeout. (they did not).

We got out there a little late also, but should have had about 10 seconds or so to run a play.  It is not the crew's job to ensure the defense isn't lollygagging.

Can't snap the ball until the ref steps away from the ball and into position so what was the offense supposed to do?

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

No. I'm not a bot. I type fast and misspell shit and don't care. 

I'm opinionated and it hurts feelings. And I'm right. And it hurts peoples feelings more when they realize that. There are people on here that   share my opinions, but they're not as vocal and they run from critiscism quickly. Me, I don't give a flying fuuuuuu. So, I continue to voice my opinion. People try to "out" me as if I care, but my name is Ben Gooding and I've been a fan since 2011. Shit, furthermore, my Twitter handle is @BenBGooding 

There ya go. No bot

This sounds exactly like what a bot would say. 
Side Eye Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, TripleGrad said:

Tonight I watched a fine football game.  It was a hard fought battle, with big plays on each side of the ball.  Some unexpected heroes, great coaching, good halftime adjustments, and time management battles that went down to literally the last minute.

Malakoff beat Grandview to advance to the State semifinals.

Friday night is for high school football.  UNT should remember that in the future.  Fortunately, I'm certain the AAC won't be chained to such a schedule.

You realize the PAC-12 championship was last night.

But I’m a little jealous.  I might have preferred to have been watching the game you watched.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 1