****OFFICIAL 2022 C-USA CHAMPIONSHIP IN-GAME DISCUSSION****

Coach Andy Mac

7 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

If SL is back next year for the first time since being a student, I don't know if I can support this program next year. 

We lost a good deal of fans this year by retaining Seth, and if for some reason Seth is back next year the fall out will be massive. So you will not be alone, 

• Upvote 6

28 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Okay now you’re trolling 🤣.

Pretty sure he was with the first post. Well, not trolling, but being sarcastic.  I mean, have you never read any of his other posts?  Like most on here, he doesn’t seem to be a big SL fan.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Uhm, low-key, I wouldn’t mind keeping Bloesch.  But obviously, a new guy would likely want to bring in his own OC.

I'm actually not anti-Bloesch. I think he's pretty decent actually. I think Seth Littrell is so wide split spread conceptual, it tears into everything that needs or should done. 

I think the start of the downfall of SL was losing GH (and getting Bodie Reeder). Then not nabbing a quality QB via HS, juco, transfer, etc. It's inexcusable not to get a competent QB at UNT in this age. 

The nail in the coffin of his downfall was never really being able to grasp the concept of defense, hire defensive coaches and then grabbing straws and ending up landing an old crutch of his, PB.

I'm not sure fans understand, like, the dumb one's. But UTSA will slide into the mid to upper echelon of the middle of the pack of the AAC. As it sits, we will be in the bottom 3. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, NT93 said:

Pretty sure he was with the first post. Well, not trolling, but being sarcastic.  I mean, have never read any of his other posts?  Like most on here, he doesn’t seem to be a big SL fan.

Picking up the sarcasm from North Texas We Love is more obvious than solving a Captcha puzzle. I wonder how many other bots post here.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NT93 said:

Pretty sure he was with the first post. Well, not trolling, but being sarcastic.  I mean, have never read any of his other posts?  Like most on here, he doesn’t seem to be a big SL fan.

Bingo. 

Now, I'm interested, genuinely, as to how anyone is a SL fan moving into the AAC vs what he has done here in 7 years. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Three more words - Time of Possession
image.png.cde54fd990d3be3a74330c34aa858925.png

Not a good efforts at trying to keep the others team offense on the sidelines. 

It forces us into abandoning our running game and giving Aune way more opportunities. He does well enough against bad teams, but becomes very average to mediocre against better defenses.

• Upvote 2

Just now, cousin oliver said:

I just don't think it is fair to blame it all on Aune.  What about the defense letting them score at will? 

Agree, I think he get put in too many situations where were trying to hit a home run, versus keeping the clock moving. But in crunch time down the stretch he has completed less than 50% of his passes

As for the D, we do a crap job at time of possession and force a weak unit to stay on the field too much. We will be OK in the American as long as we:

1. Get bigger
  2. Get Faster
  3. Learn to tackle
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Three more words - Time of Possession
image.png.cde54fd990d3be3a74330c34aa858925.png

Not a good efforts at trying to keep the others team offense on the sidelines. 

And another 3 words contribute to this stat:  Third Down Conversions.  We could never stop them on 3rd and when we did, they converted on 4th down.

• Upvote 2