****OFFICIAL 2022 C-USA CHAMPIONSHIP IN-GAME DISCUSSION****

Coach Andy Mac

On 11/27/2022 at 10:09 PM, Mike Jackson said:

Bowl game appearances (especially when you lose them badly) only mean your program isn't terrible.   It is now becoming very routine that team below 0.500 without a conference or division title appear in bowl games.    I swear on everything good in the world I didn't go looking for this specific article

https://www.itemonline.com/sports/teams-with-losing-records-in-bowl-games-now-becoming-almost-routine/article_9ca6997e-1e5f-5f50-9082-c3140a6598ce.html

2.  Whatever the coach at UTSA has achieved in his shorter tenure with poorer facilities makes Seth look worse.      

3.  Refer to the first thing I wrote here and the article

4.  It could be worse?  I would rather win big like UTSA, FAU, and UAB have during Seth's watch.   UAB rebuilt their team with 2 different coach and both beat Seth.   Having a high floor is good but the floor isn't that high if his 4-8 is his floor.   Yes, I was here for the Dodge era.  I don't think he should have been hired in the first place.   If 3 time conference champion Dickey is cut lose 6 weeks removed from a major health event, Seth absolutely shouldn't be safe from termination 7 years in without conference championship.  

5.  If Aune gets to the final round of cuts I would be one the most surprising things I have seen in sports all-time.  He just doesn't have good measurables and at 30 his decision making on the college level isn't special either.  He is decent but if he makes the NFL I think that doesn't reflect positively on Seth either.   An NFL caliber QB (even a journeyman) with the offensive roster here should be averaging 30+ points a game and a better than 60% completion percentage.

A week later; under 30 points 7-6 headed to bowl game they will likely lose if the other team has a decent defense and QB.  🤷🏽‍♂️  .   I have completely run out of things way to say Seth & Aune are mediocre at best.  Might as well quote myself and save some time.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I've kept quiet this week because even though I've been advocating that SL be let go I wanted to let the chips fall where they may and let the game play out. Like I said in various threads, this CCG run is the same as the run to get bowl eligible last year. Now will we be fooled by the same thing again or does can everyone finally get on the same page and see this staff for what it is? 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mike Jackson said:

If you think the right direct is a small amplitude sine wave along 0.500 line you would be correct.  (Can you tell I am an Electronics Engineering graduate?). 

I just think another 2 maybe 3 year extension has been earned. We're exactly at .500 after 7 years. Did McCarney do .500? Did Dodge? It's been earned. He might be the best UNT ever has had. We can't lose him because no one is going to want to be the guy that follows the guy. It's a tough situation we're in. 

• RV 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

Just now, Green Otaku said:

I've kept quiet this week because even though I've been advocating that SL be let go I wanted to let the chips fall where they may and let the game play out. Like I said in various threads, this CCG run is the same as the run to get bowl eligible last year. Now will we be fooled by the same thing again or does can everyone finally get on the same page and see this staff for what it is? 

Nope cause I am listening to the post game and I haven’t heard about his resignation or dismissal.   They craft a situation where a 3 win season in the AAC win end this mercifully for Seth, his family/friends, coaching staff and nobody else.  Mercy for fans and alumni would have been after the lost to Miami Ohio.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I just think another 2 maybe 3 year extension has been earned. We're exactly at .500 after 7 years. Did McCarney do .500? Did Dodge? It's been earned. He might be the best UNT ever has had. We can't lose him because no one is going to want to be the guy that follows the guy. It's a tough situation we're in. 

Hope you like an empty Apogee.   Excuses more excuses while programs with fewer resources and tougher circumstances kick our ass regularly.   If I were school president I would push shutdown this program or drop it down to FCS if I thought like you.  

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

8 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

so you think paying a coach double any previous coach, with a higher budget than previous coaches, new stadium, more amenities than any previous coach and a .500 record is just fine, actually below .500 when you throw out the cupcake FCS teams. If "Yes" then we get what  we deserve and do not really want a successful athletics program.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, untbowler said:

so you think paying a coach double any previous coach, with a higher budget than previous coaches, new stadium, more amenities than any previous coach and a .500 record is just fine, actually below .500 when you throw out the cupcake FCS teams. If "Yes" then we get what  we deserve and do not really want a successful athletics program.

What about the weakest strength of schedules ever? Dickey would have died for such an easy schedule. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Crack Drugs GIF - Crack Drugs Waterboy - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, untbowler said:

1 minute ago, KingDL1 said:

What about the weakest strength of schedules ever? Dickey would have died for such an easy schedule. 

Yes. To both. Truthfully, probably bump him up to 2.5. It's the going rate of the new AAC to have a top flight HC and I don't think any of us wants him to leave. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Nope cause I am listening to the post game and I haven’t heard about his resignation or dismissal.   They craft a situation where a 3 win season in the AAC win end this mercifully for Seth, his family/friends, coaching staff and nobody else.  Mercy for fans and alumni would have been after the lost to Miami Ohio.

If SL is back next year for the first time since being a student, I don't know if I can support this program next year. 

• Upvote 2