****OFFICIAL 2022 C-USA CHAMPIONSHIP IN-GAME DISCUSSION****

Coach Andy Mac

1 minute ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Don't try to score. Don't give your offense a chance. Dude, you are rooting against Seth. Fine. We get it. But even the TV broadcast, twitter, the halftime show, EVERYONE was waiting for us to call those time outs. Why the HELL would you not want the ball back with a minute and a half? 

If we had a decent QB, I want those timeouts called.   I NEVER want the ball in Aune’s hands when the defense doesn’t have to respect the run.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Reeeeeaaaalllllly needed a TD there. That Aune impersonation by Horton is really gonna hurt.

Again, getting out of our comfort zone inside the ten for no reason. No need to have your kick returner throw a pass in that situation. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

With no timeouts and a little over a minute, you would trust Austin Aune to drive the field? Dude. No way. He is serviceable WITH a run game. He is not the guy. He is not Frank Harris. 

so don't even try then? You mean... don't trust the guy with over 3,000 yards, over 30 TDs, and in the top 20 in the country in basically every QB stat? So just give up? You wanted a coach who was a coward? Cool. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I Understand rules. With no timeouts and a little over a minute, you would trust Austin Aune to drive the field? Dude. No way. He is serviceable WITH a run game. He is not the guy. He is not Frank Harris.

I want SL gone as much as any… but what you are suggesting is just crazy. You are suggesting we don’t even give us a chance and I just can’t get on board with that. If we are gonna bitch, let’s make sure it is about the right things. Your philosophy of just laying down is ludicrous.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

We got the ball back with plenty of time to score. How is that wrong? It didn't work out, mostly because we got a flag on an absurd ten second play clock, but who wouldn't want a chance to score?

Slim chance Aune isn’t that accurate and you didn’t have enough time to get yards in 5 yard chunks staying in bounds.  It will b very interesting next year when these other QB’s get to play.  Watch UTSA that is a QB we have a baseball player playing QB.   Admirable he seems to be able to impress the staff here enough to keep him as starter. He just isn't good.  🤷🏾‍♂️

3 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I Understand rules. With no timeouts and a little over a minute, you would trust Austin Aune to drive the field? Dude. No way. He is serviceable WITH a run game. He is not the guy. He is not Frank Harris.

Imagine who we’d be with Frank Harris.  That’s the part that sucks about all this. Appreciate Austin for all his effort but that’s the missing piece.  We’d be fine with a reliable quarterback. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, CaribbeanGreen said:

so don't even try then? You mean... don't trust the guy with over 3,000 yards, over 30 TDs, and in the top 20 in the country in basically every QB stat? So just give up? You wanted a coach who was a coward? Cool. 

That's exactly what tf I'm saying. 100%. 0 doubt. That's my call on the sideline. I know what we have on our sideline. I'm picking my shots. I know I get ball at half. I know my QB is subpar. I know we're playing on the road. I know their offense is gaining momentum. I know my defense is terrible in the event we go nil. I'm taking my timeouts to the break. And we're coming out in the 2nd half with the ball with a 17-10 score. You betcha. 0 doubt. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 minute ago, Travis said:

I want SL gone as much as any… but what you are suggesting is just crazy. You are suggesting we don’t even give us a chance and I just can’t get on board with that. If we are gonna bitch, let’s make sure it is about the right things. Your philosophy of just laying down is ludicrous.  

Well said. Some of these posters saying just take it to half time is looser mentality. The decisions made were the right ones. Execution was just horrible. You don't burn 1:12 at the end of the half down 7 and just head into half-time.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Travis said:

Laying down? Wtf are you talking about? Some of you guys just watch football... but don't understand it and the nuances that come with it. Exhibit A: ^

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

7 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Y'all must not watch much football outside UNT games. It's a ton of times when you count the clock stops to reset the chains at each 1st down and playing the sidelines.

So it’s first and fifteen on your own twenty with seventy seconds left, a QB who throws INTs, you’re getting the ball after the half, and against a 10-2 team that has all three timeouts that you haven’t stopped yet and we should’ve gone for it because you watch other teams do that? 

Incredible. 

Edited by meanrob
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2