****OFFICIAL 2022 C-USA CHAMPIONSHIP IN-GAME DISCUSSION****

Coach Andy Mac

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Is the close out of that half not on coaching? The fans being back in this game not on coaching? They are winning by 2 scores at the break solely, 100%, because of bad coaching. What th do you see that I don't? 

Your just picking on poor Seth

• Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Phil Bennett needs to be gone after this season. 121st defense in the country in yards, 102nd in points and those are only on track to get worse after tonight. 

This, The PB love and Aune hate has been INSANE to me this year, Every single statistic bears out that this team has a terrible defense. Why exactly are we worried about losing Mr. Shorts?

• Haha 1
  • Ray 1

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Is the close out of that half not on coaching? The fans being back in this game not on coaching? They are winning by 2 scores at the break solely, 100%, because of bad coaching. What th do you see that I don't? 

just bad coaching, what game are you watching???  QB cant hit the target, DBs are getting beat on every rout, this is on the players as much as coaches. 

7 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Seth Littrell worshipers are butthurt by this. This decision, surely made by multiple people (while I was questioning it on this very forum while it was happening), will be the difference in this game. It killed any chance whatsoever in this game. Could've easily, very, very easily taken this to half at 17-10 with ball at half. It's literally crazy how dumb + how much money. Just, crazy. 

What decision?

14 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Why in the hell do you burn time outs to give Austin Aune the ball with just over a minute left?  UTSA knows what we all know….AUSTIN AUNE HAS NEVER BEEN CAPABLE OF BEATING A TEAM WITH HIS ARM

Exactly, especially since we were getting the ball to start the second half. No reason for it. 

Edited by 97and03
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, KingDL1 said:

Your just picking on poor Seth

I have a lot of respect for your takes typically but your Seth hate lately has left zero space for nuance.  I understand why, but you‘re a smarter guy than being so black and white about this.  I don’t disagree about the direction we should head. 

Just now, MrAlien said:

just bad coaching, what game are you watching???  QB cant hit the target, DBs are getting beat on every rout, this is on the players as much as coaches. 

DBs don't get burnt if the play never exists. QB not hitting thr target... well, this is not new to us and they just keep rollin him out as if it's thr best QB option that THEY (coaches) could recruit and that THEY (coaches) could coach up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I am watching the game.

However, I am amazed at your ability to dissect the game knowing what are the right plays to call, and knowing why those play work or don't work.  Not player error or just great plays by the other team, but blame it all on the coach. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, MrAlien said:

Who trains, recruits and sets the line up? 

Yes it is on the coaches. 

1 minute ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

This, The PB love and Aune hate has been INSANE to me this year, Every single statistic bears out that this team has a terrible defense. Why exactly are we worried about losing Mr. Shorts?

It isn’t an either/or proposition.  The defense gives up a lot of garbage points AND Austin Aune is just as likely to throw into the dirt as he is a receiver’s hands.  We have had SEVERAL plays where we got behind the defense…Mr. back foot heave just can’t hit them

• Upvote 3

Just now, GrandGreen said:

I am watching the game.

However, I am amazed at your ability to dissect the game knowing what are the right plays to call, and know why those play work or don't work.  Not player error or just great plays by the other team, but blame it all on the coach. 

I said nothing of plays in that post. It's all about game management here. Simple. And game management is 100% on a coach. There is 0 execution involved in game management. 

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

DBs don't get burnt if the play never exists. QB not hitting thr target... well, this is not new to us and they just keep rollin him out as if it's thr best QB option that THEY (coaches) could recruit and that THEY (coaches) could coach up. 

ill give you that, they recruited a bunch of players that are just not capable to play at this level. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

And people want this crew back. Sheesh. Morons. 

🤷🏽‍♂️He is mediocre at best.  I guess that is all some people want here.  Did everyone see the CUSA championships posted in the last 7 years of CUSA. UAB has multiple and shut their program down during his tenure.  FAU hired Kiffin and now hired another coach that has been better than Seth and will probably be better again.  UTSA looks on the verge of their 2nd Championship.  But it looks like the split is 50/50 wanting to kept this staff before this game.  Aune is not good under 60% completions trump all his positive stats. It accuracy that is the most desire attribute for NFL QB.  You can have a pin point accurate noodle arm be a serviceable QB (look up Chad Pennington).  Seth hitched his wagon to this inaccurate QB and lets him throw too much in critical situations.  🤷🏽‍♂️.  Then he can’t get a team of defensive coaches and players that keeps opponent’s under 35% conversions on 3rd down.  I don’t know what his defenders see that is so valuable to hold on to.  60% empty Apogee stadium as they stagger through a season chasing 1 game over 0.500 isn’t that much fun.

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

12 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Apparently the game? Maybe stick to the World Cup buddy….

• Upvote 1