****OFFICIAL 2022 C-USA CHAMPIONSHIP IN-GAME DISCUSSION****

Coach Andy Mac

1 minute ago, Cr1028 said:

The stat line shows that pick on Aune but he placed the ball well enough where that pick is on the receiver.

Back footed, pressure in his face, looking for the intermediate route on the roll, off his back foot, with a wide open option in the flat. Yesssssss.

Then, hey, let's burn our timeouts and give them time. 

• Upvote 3

That was the worst last two minutes of a first half I have witnessed in a long history of terrible last two minutes in Seth's tenure. Seth has got to dig into the refs a little more, get on the field and stop the damn game until it's looked at. But we have over a minute to AT LEAST get into field goal range, even without a timeout. But RUNNING on first and 15??? TERRIBLE, COWARDLY PLAYCALLING on that last drive... I get you don't want to force another interception on third and long, but call a pass play to at least get us in position to pick up the first. UTSA has all three timeouts and is going to call a TO on a stop regardless... why are you running on 3rd and 15!?!??!?!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Does it seem odd that Aune is throwing most balls side arm? I haven’t seen that much all year but until now. 
Odd time to change things up. 

the play calling is highly suspect too. Besides some of the obvious, what the hell was up with that option play before our field goal?? 

Just now, Travis said:

Does it seem odd that Aune is throwing most balls side arm? I haven’t seen that much all year but until now. 
Odd time to change things up. 

the play calling is highly suspect too. Besides some of the obvious, what the hell was up with that option play before our field goal?? 

I also did not like the 3rd down run call before UTSA scored at the end of the half. It didn't make any sense other than to force UTSA to burn one of their 3 time outs....

6 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Again. UTSA can thank the UNT coaches for that 2 possesion halftime lead. 

There is 0% chance we win this. If anything, they win by 4 scores now. 

And people want this crew back. Sheesh. Morons. 

Seth Littrell worshipers are butthurt by this. This decision, surely made by multiple people (while I was questioning it on this very forum while it was happening), will be the difference in this game. It killed any chance whatsoever in this game. Could've easily, very, very easily taken this to half at 17-10 with ball at half. It's literally crazy how dumb + how much money. Just, crazy. 

• Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

That was the worst last two minutes of a first half I have witnessed in a long history of terrible last two minutes in Seth's tenure. Seth has got to dig into the refs a little more, get on the field and stop the damn game until it's looked at. But we have over a minute to AT LEAST get into field goal range, even without a timeout. But RUNNING on first and 15??? TERRIBLE, COWARDLY PLAYCALLING on that last drive... I get you don't want to force another interception on third and long, but call a pass play to at least get us in position to pick up the first. UTSA has all three timeouts and is going to call a TO on a stop regardless... why are you running on 3rd and 15!?!??!?!

Well, let me tell you, he burnt through his timeouts to run the ball. Duh. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Cr1028 said:

The stat line shows that pick on Aune but he placed the ball well enough where that pick is on the receiver.

It was the wrong throw. Shorter was covered. Roberts was open along the sideline for what would have been a first down. Aune made the wrong throw. Rewatch the play. Between Aune's pick, Littrell's multiple coaching flaws, and Bennet's untimely blitzes... UNT is going to get run out of San Antonio in the second half. I don't view halftime adjustments as a strength of Littrell. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, GrandGreen said:

Yes, enough to know it is more than coaching losing this game.

Unless you want to take the approach that everything is on the coach which kind of cuts off conversations about the play in a game. 

Is the close out of that half not on coaching? The fans being back in this game not on coaching? They are winning by 2 scores at the break solely, 100%, because of bad coaching. What th do you see that I don't? 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2