Herman off the board

meanrob

11 minutes ago, untphd said:

So, after 7 seven years a record of 44 and 43 sounds good to you, then so be it. It does not sound good to me. It sounds very mediocre and a change should take place, beyond the athletic director leaving. We all know how we backed door into the title game. So, yea it is kind of dreadful.

Don’t you see? He’s figured it out now and is turning the corner! Don’t mind conference mates taking risks and making changes. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

I'm giving it a hard look and see several programs making aggressive moves to be at the top of the AAC.  Meanwhile, our administration just lost its leader, and some leadership still out there wants to try and keep a coach that is barely above 0.500 and has never won a title or a bowl game after 7 years because of marginal improvement within a conference that has been surpassed by the Belt in terms of quality play.

That’s so sad and so true. If we don’t do anything. Man, We are headed toward some doldrums 

but but but CuSa ChAmPiOnsHip GaMe! 

not good enough folks….not good enough 

relative to our history? Sure. Relative to our new conference? Not even close. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

51 minutes ago, untphd said:

So, after 7 seven years a record of 44 and 43 sounds good to you, then so be it. It does not sound good to me. It sounds very mediocre and a change should take place, beyond the athletic director leaving. We all know how we backed door into the title game. So, yea it is kind of dreadful.

After 7 years, a 7-5 record (6-2 conference) with title game and bowl appearances is good enough for me. 

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 7

1 hour ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

Don’t you see? He’s figured it out now and is turning the corner! Don’t mind conference mates taking risks and making changes. 

Getting curb stomped by uab. What corner exactly has he turned. Truly don't get the Seth cult like following 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

After 7 years, a 7-5 record (6-2 conference) with title game and bowl appearances is good enough for me. 

This is a joke. My man, you are the problem with UNT athletics. Well, that and good ole fashioned apathy. 

And reiterating the conference record does nothing. This conference is pitifully bad. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

This is a joke. My man, you are the problem with UNT athletics. Well, that and good ole fashioned apathy. 

And reiterating the conference record does nothing. This conference is pitifully bad. 

He enjoys being made fun of for supporting unt. I remember I went to Vegas wearing my unt gear. One of the dealers said he recognized the logo because they were the worst team on NCAA video game and liked turning them around.  Embarrassing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, p_phelps said:

He enjoys being made fun of for supporting unt. I remember I went to Vegas wearing my unt gear. One of the dealers said he recognized the logo because they were the worst team on NCAA video game and liked turning them around.  Embarrassing. 

Is that dealer looking for an athletic director job? Maybe head football coach position? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Eye Roll 1

34 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

I’m not sure if you realize but the last time a NCAA Football video game was released was 9.5 years ago. That was before the HOD bowl win. We were riding a 22-73 combined record in the 8 seasons leading up to that last version’s release. So yes, we were awful on every version of NCAA football from about 2006 until they stopped making them. That is when we had late Dickey, Dodge, and early McCarney at the helm.

I used to be embarrassed to get recognized as a UNT fan but I haven’t had that problem in several seasons because we are no longer the usual combatant in the “pillow fight of the week” with our season ending the week of thanksgiving.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 2

2 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Playing for a conference championship at 7-5. Only took 3 teams to leave for the Sun Belt early causing CUSA to do away with divisions for the year. Otherwise we wouldn't be sniffing a championship game. And that retread is 54-22 including 5-0 in bowls with ZERO losing seasons. He got fired and didn't have a job due to image, not inability to recruit and coach.

The OP said, “He’s off the board.”  I’d rather be in UNT’s position than FAU’s. As you alluded to, FAU’s position will likely change in a year or two.  Good for them and good for Herman.  As always, GMG!

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

We were riding a 22-73 combined record in the 8 seasons leading up to that last version’s release. 

We’ve been about .500 since then so we really haven’t made much of a dent in that record….

But I mean I guess we haven’t gotten worse than 22-73 so I guess it’s like a win. 

4 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

We’ve been about .500 since then so we really haven’t made much of a dent in that record….

But I mean I guess we haven’t gotten worse than 22-73 so I guess it’s like a win. 

So averaging slightly worse than 3-9 is no different to you than averaging slightly better than 6-6 with a bowl appearance every season? 

• Puking Eagle 1

3 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

So averaging slightly worse than 3-9 is no different to you than averaging slightly better than 6-6 with a bowl appearance every season? 

Different, yes. Has it moved a needle? Not one bit. We still get dominated by SMU. We haven't won anything of significance. Our attendance is embarrassing. Our recruiting is worse than our attendance. If we continue down this path Seth Littrell will inevitably be fired once our competition is UTSA, SMU, UAB, etc. every week. It's a guarantee. Not ripping the bandaid off is setting the program back at minimum 2 years. 

Attendance might reflect that of 2015 next season. And that's even with more marquee names coming to town. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

We are in the Championship Game how we got there really doesn’t matter. We win and we are the Champions, that is what will be remembered. Even the haters will dig for negative if this should happen! GMG 

Haters? You think we want the team to fail? Quite the opposite in fact. We’re the ones being shamed for wanting more as we move to a new conference that seems to be getting tougher by the day. Oh and our AD was just hired away before firing or extending Seth.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

I appreciate the honesty regardless of how crappy your expectations are. 

Don’t you think we could get the same results from another provider for half the price?

Is it worth the ~$2 million salary and private jet allowance for these results?

• Upvote 4