College Football Playoffs Expanding to 12 teams in 2024

Big Z

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenGlory said:

"The expanded 12-team bracket will feature the six highest-ranked conference champions as automatic qualifiers along with the next six highest-ranked teams."

I can't stress this enough...

With our facilities, location, budget, and spot in the AAC without Cincinnati, UCF, and Houston, we have a realistic opportunity to be one of the six highest-ranked conference champions and earn an automatic qualification in the playoff.

I really hope UNT administration and donors recognize this and put the full-court press on bringing in an ace athletic director and a winning football coach.

Now is the time for the sleeping giant to finally wake up.

Time to rise and shine.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MeanGreenGlory said:

"The expanded 12-team bracket will feature the six highest-ranked conference champions as automatic qualifiers along with the next six highest-ranked teams."

I can't stress this enough...

With our facilities, location, budget, and spot in the AAC without Cincinnati, UCF, and Houston, we have a realistic opportunity to be one of the six highest-ranked conference champions and earn an automatic qualification in the playoff.

I really hope UNT administration and donors recognize this and put the full-court press on bringing in an ace athletic director and a winning football coach.

Now is the time for the sleeping giant to finally wake up.

Nice thoughts. Please, let me know one change we have made that leads you to honestly believe we are poised to take the next step?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Nice thoughts. Please, let me know one change we have made that leads you to honestly believe we are poised to take the next step?

Moved up from CUSA to AAC.  In line with MWC as best G5 conference.  Could become alone best G5 conference if MWC gets poached for PAC replacements and AAC adds some too.

• Confused 1

Just now, NT80 said:

Moved up from CUSA to AAC.  In line with MWC as best G5 conference.  Could become alone best G5 conference if MWC gets poached for PAC replacements and AAC adds some too.

With all respect, we have been a middle of the pack CUSA team. How does changing the conference make us better? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

With all respect, we have been a middle of the pack CUSA team. How does changing the conference make us better? 

It's closer to the top of the G5 food chain.  "If" we get our HC situation fixed, we are better situated to be ranked higher in the AAC than we could be in CUSA.  They had 3 ranked teams this year.  We were in the Big West a little over 20 years ago.  We have climbed a lot.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NT80 said:

It's closer to the top of the G5 food chain.  "If" we get our HC situation fixed, we are better situated to be ranked higher in the AAC than we could be in CUSA.  They had 3 ranked teams this year.  We were in the Big West a little over 20 years ago.  We have climbed a lot.

Completely agree! I hope that every team moving to the AAC, and the existing teams keep stepping up their games. I hope Mike Aresco keep the pressure on the Athletics Directors and Presidents to keep improving. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Got5onIt said:

Hopefully, NT hires an AD with this vision in his brain. This is what NT should be aiming for and I want to hear those words coming out of the new AD’s mouth at his hiring press conference. 

This. This. This. This. 

Be bold. Be vocal. Withold nothing. Let your vision (real vision, not preparing leaders and champions yaka) be known and make damn sure it resonates into every crevice of the department. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

I'm completely baffled by the barbershop podcast being confused why we would do a nation wide search.  It would be an utter disservice to everyone if it wasn't.  Old denton mindset 

It's the wrong mindset.  I don't know if it's Old Denton mindset.

I suspect Old Denton would have conducted a national search to find the best puppet at the least price.

Just now, greenminer said:

Similarly, since we beat Rice we could guesstimate that we would be better than UAB.

Is there a better way to do this?

Your right, and it's all guessing. Do you really think we would have been in the top half of the American? But saying were a good program because we're finishing 2nd this year in CUSA is like saying DD's teams should have been ranked in the top 20 due to their conference domination

4 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Your right, and it's all guessing. Do you really think we would have been in the top half of the American? But saying were a good program because we're finishing 2nd this year in CUSA is like saying DD's teams should have been ranked in the top 20 due to their conference domination

Man, now you got me thinking about if they had been ranked.

6 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

But you stated we were a middle of the pack CUSA team, or are my eyes deceiving me?

This year we're near the top in a watered down conference.  We have one win against a team with a winning record. The extent some people are going through to try to make a sound like a good team has other fans laughingat us. And we wonder why expectations are so freaking low When the administration realizes our fans will put up with anything they put out on the field

Edited by El Paso Eagle

43 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

This year we're near the top in a watered down conference.  We have one win against a team with a winning record. The extent some people are going through to try to make a sound like a good team has other fans laughingat us. And we wonder why expectations are so freaking low When the administration realizes our fans will put up with anything they put out on the field

I’m not doing any of that. I was just pointing out the you said we were a middle of the pack CUSA team when we finished second and qualified for the championship game. Hard to do when you are middle of the pack. 
You decided to point out how we would have hypothetically finished middle of the pack in the AAC. Not sure why. Now you are claiming we are near the top in a watered down conference and trying to make it sound like some of us think we should be ranked. None of that is accurate, just a bad attempt to cover for your bad comment. The hole is getting deeper.