I gotta hand it to Wren

Tom McKrackin

But wait a second.  Let us not forget that Wren is moving to Morgantown West Virginia.

I live in Kentucky, and I can tell you that living here is a huge step down from living in Denton Texas in almost every way.

West Virginia is one of the few states that I consider a big step down from Kentucky. Good grief I would not move there.... unless I was extremely overpaid. 

WVU's athletic budget is $92 million annually and Wren will make $1.1 M+ annually. I am sure there are many on this board that manage resources that far exceed this amount and I bet you don't make a million per year. I have had as much as $125 Million annually on my platter (for many years actually) and made nowhere near this much. These athletics people are obscenely over compensated folks. Something doesn't smell right, and others are taking notice (like Houston Nutt for example).

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 12/1/2022 at 8:12 AM, Tom McKrackin said:

This guy is a smooth operator.  He got a 300K raise, moved to a better conference and he never even had to hire a football coach?  The truth is, he left us in a mess with Littrell as he didn't get that situation dealt with in a timely fashion one way or another.  Now poor Jared or whomever takes over the gig will have to clean up the mess.  Also, what about Jalie, the golf coach and many other issues that stay behind?  I agree that Wren did a good job in some areas like getting us into the AAC and hiring McCasland, but some of you are acting like he was Jesus Christ and I just don't see it that way myself.  He could have dealt with some of these issues and made the move to WVU in a week or so.

Wren is/was severely overrated due to McCasland. He’s going to fail at WVU.

And he needs to lose weight or it will be a short career.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2