Athletic Director Candidates?

gordo nation

I've followed athletic administrators for a while now. Weird hobby, I know...

Chris Park, Deputy AD, Texas A&M would be my first phone call if I was president

- P5/G5/Texas experience

- External Operations background (fundraising, ticket sales, marketing, etc.)

12th Man Bio- Chris Park

Edited by DentonLurker
  • Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Mosley might be the best fit, but they need to do a legitimate search. 

I agree. I could buy into Mosley, given he's been an AD and seems to have his ear to the ground for good coaches.

My only hesitation with him would be that a good number of the operational issues this year seem to fall under his umbrella (facilities/game operations, marketing/promotions, strategic communications).

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, DentonLurker said:

marketing/promotions

This has been a weak area. I would be fine with hiring Mosley but we need to make sure we do it for the right reason. Sometimes, even when things seem to be running well, its not a bad idea to bring in an outsider if you are trying to take things up a level.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

What if we gave a second chance to Rick Villarreal and Todd Dodge. But this time, Todd is able to hire only coaches with college experience. 

Just kidding, 2007-2010 was a terrible experience as a student that loves football. Let's see what happens. The safe move would be to keep Mosley, but they need to do a complete search. 

• Puking Eagle 2

1 hour ago, jtm0097 said:

What if we gave a second chance to Rick Villarreal and Todd Dodge. But this time, Todd is able to hire only coaches with college experience. 

Just kidding, 2007-2010 was a terrible experience as a student that loves football. Let's see what happens. The safe move would be to keep Mosley, but they need to do a complete search. 

We’ll need to add a new Diarrhea Eagle just for you because the Puking Eagle wouldn’t be enough of downvotes for this. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, ttunt1970 said:

Just promote Mosley and make sure the game day issues ect are addressed 

The dull thud of the live game day experience now makes a little sense. Our leader had one foot out the door, didn’t expect much out of football because he was bailing anyway and left us with not enough hands or resources  to even maintain the game day experience during what turned out to be a 5-1 home campaign. 

Not saying I like that explanation or think it’s okay. Deciding between neglect or incompetence really doesn’t allow for a winner. 

• Downvote 2