Wren Baker to West Virginia

MGNation92

1 minute ago, xyresic said:

The scoop on this was that he was happy here but was offered the WVU job. UNT countered to entice him to stay but then WVU backed up the truck with a large raise. My read is that to get his dream job at Ok State he needs to have some P5 experience and this is that at a high level.

The candidates we draw in from the upcoming national search are going to be great, they were awesome last round and this time we are in a much better position.

Thank you for this. I'm not worried about the quality of candidates we will get. I just hope they do something about our football program soon. 

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Pellom said:

An AD transition likely means our boosters and school presidents will make the call on Littrell. Everything we’ve heard suggests both camps are pro-Littrell. 

He’s going to be extended. 

Yeah. I was just hoping they potentially already have their guy, and maybe already in-house. If that's the case then there's really no reason for a "year long evaluation" like those schmucks over in WVU are about to receive. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Pellom said:

An AD transition likely means our boosters and school president will make the call on Littrell. Everything we’ve heard suggests both camps are pro-Littrell. 

He’s going to be extended. They won’t want the new AD to make the call immediately just like Wren in WVU with Neal Brown. 

"Everything we've heard" ...you mean what some uniformed GMG posters say?

I don't think this changes anything for Littrell. Lose Friday night and he's gone. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

12 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Would prefer they make Mosley interim, but do a legitimate search and compare him to the others who apply. If they do not find anyone clearly netter, make the hire permanent.

From what I have heard the plan is to conduct a national search.

edited for clarity.

Edited by xyresic
  • Upvote 6
  • Puking Eagle 1

10 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

"Everything we've heard" ...you mean what some uniformed GMG posters say?

I don't think this changes anything for Littrell. Lose Friday night and he's gone. 

Take it for what you want, I’m just a guy talking on a message board. But I spoke with a well known college football reporter about Wren a month ago (or more) and he is the one who told me Wren wanted out of Denton and had been interviewing for every open AD job. I posted about it here when I was told that information. 

Part of the reason was the uncertainty around the football program. The exact verbiage I was told was “I’m not sure the AD makes that call in Denton.” 

Edited by Pellom
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, Pellom said:

Take it for what you want, I’m just a guy talking on a message board. But I spoke with a well known college football reporter about Wren a month ago (or more) and he is the one who told be Wren wanted out of Denton and had been interviewing for every open AD job. I posted about it here when I was told that information. 

Part of the reason was the uncertainty around the football program. The exact verbiage I was told was “I’m not sure the AD makes that call in Denton.” 

This is terrible. So, IOW, our football program is in fact a rich mans video game. Pretty pathetic. And pretty pathetic for WB to run from it. But also telling that WB did in fact want SL out and people were trying to slow him. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 2

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

This is terrible. So, IOW, our football program is in fact a rich mans video game. Pretty pathetic. And pretty pathetic for WB to run from it. But also telling that WB did in fact want SL out and people were trying to slow him. 

He could also mean Smatresk. Littrell is his guy after all. 

But it could also give merit to the Lovelace's relationship with him and their subsequent money keeping him here

• Upvote 2