WBB UTA vs NT

GrandGreen

31 minutes ago, Venson said:

They are just too small in my opinion. I don't know a lot about basketball, but I am thinking that if you are going to play small ball, you better be able to create and shoot from the perimeter.

I see them driving inside for layups but they just throw it off the backboard and few go in.  No touch on the ball or correct bank angles.

• Upvote 2

My fearless prediction for NT wbb's upcoming road swing of 6 games.

5 losses and a toss-up with Howard.  

This team is in shambles.  I don't know if the team has quit on Mitchell or she just does not care anymore.   

In an apparent stroke of good negotiating, if NT doesn't finish in the first four in conference; Mitchell can be terminated without a lot of cost. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

This team is in shambles.  I don't know if the team has quit on Mitchell or she just does not care anymore.   

In an apparent stroke of good negotiating, if NT doesn't finish in the first four in conference; Mitchell can be terminated without a lot of cost. 

Add this to the to-do list for the new AD after he fires Seth!

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

The girls started VERY slowly vs UTA.  They pressed and our guards had a miserable time.  We make a  lot of bad passes.  Davis struggled the most and I don't think she or Moore played the second half.  Our inexperience at guard reminds me of the team a couple of years ago that had 2 freshmen guards.  They took a lot of growing pains, but last year was the result.  It is also hurting us that we are missing Mallard.  We only have 2 players with any height and if our opponent can match up on the other forwards, we have a hard time.  UTA had several big girls.  

On the bright side, Lampkin is playing well.  Johnson is beginning to contribute.  Boles has gotten better every game.  Hardaway is figuring it out.  Moore had her first bad night and she has played well up to this point.  Davis has a lot of talent.  And Quincy is very good.

It is hard to completely turn over the roster and at times it looks like we have 9 new players that have not meshed yet.  Give this some time and it will be better.

• Upvote 3