UAB players accuse president of not granting meeting, "want our voices to be heard"

Coach Andy Mac

17 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yes, those same 18-22 year olds in the military. Using your logic, this would be equivalent to a wartime 2* general of an operating regiment asking a bunch of lance corporals their operating tactical opinion. Hint: never happening under any circumstance. 

Not nearly the same and I say this as a veteran.  Actually quite stupid.  This isn't wartime.  The very few times we had an unforseen change in our direct chain of command we were informed.  Furthermore we were ask our opinions about potential lower level promotions.  How that input was weighed, if at all we NEVER knew nor expected the outcome we suggested. And if your inclination is to tell young men 🖕🏿 committing a year of their youth to you; you shouldn't be leading them.  The point is we allow these young men to make huge decisions in their lives and share goals with your organization.  But you are too high and mighty to have a conservation with them as a collective?  That sounds like BS to me.   

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Not nearly the same and I say this as a veteran.  Actually quite stupid.  This isn't wartime.  The very few times we had an unforseen change in our direct chain of command we were informed.  Furthermore we were ask our opinions about potential lower level promotions.  How that input was weighed, if at all we NEVER knew nor expected the outcome we suggested. And if your inclination is to tell young men 🖕🏿 committing a year of their youth to you; you shouldn't be leading them.  The point is we allow these young men to make huge decisions in their lives and share goals with your organization. 

Experiences wildly vary, clearly. 

My point is that it's a slippery slope. And an AD going in there and giving them a side ear as a proverbial check in the box will be seen as condescending. Players are young, but they're not stupid. They'll see it for what it is. So, the AD is damned either way. So, why step foot on this slope while setting a precedent? It doesn't make sense. 

And, I'm sure they've made their point. I didn't even read their letter. But I'm assuming they want their interim to be their guy. Ok, great. Thanks. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Trent Dilfer? Really?

Just saw that and posted it in one of the coaching threads. I'm confused.

Edit: I guess it's not much different than Deion basically going straight to being a HC. I'm not going to count being the HC at his own now defunct academy and OC at a private school for 3 years where his son is the QB. If he's got coaching connection, he just needs to be a CEO.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1

from UAB's forum (who got if from the Athletic) talking about Dilfer's current HS:

Lipscomb’s roster currently has 2023 seniors committed to Liberty (quarterback Hank Brown), Vanderbilt (receiver Junior Sherrill) and Tennessee (receiver Nate Spillman), along with uncommitted three-star prospects in offensive lineman Brandon Solis and linebacker Bryan Longwell.

The school also has the top-two in-state players in the 2024 class, both of whom are committed to the Volunteers: linebacker Edwin Spillman and cornerback Kaleb Beasley

https://csnbbs.com/thread-960573.html