McMurphy projecting us to New Orleans against Coastal

meangreenfaninno

3 hours ago, gordo nation said:

It would be someone from Frisco that would say some dumb shit like this

Well I'm not from Frisco. I just live here now

Married At First Sight Lol GIF by Lifetime

I went there a lot when I was in college/freshly graduated. Caught many shows at Trees and The Bomb Factory. Also a big fan of Dot's and Braindead Brewing(RIP). I saw all the hoity toity apartments/condos and brunch places go up first hand. 

I also like to be alive, so there's that. But you keep on keepin on. Every board needs some quality trolls

You Can Do It GIF by FILMRISE

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

17 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Please don't pair us with Costal Carolina it will not be pretty.  Costal beat a FCS school, Army, Buffalo, Georgia State,  Georgia Southern, LA-Monroe, Marshall, App State, Southern Miss.

The two games they were lost were to Old Dominion (47-21) and James Madison (47-7).  When they lose they lose big.

Their star QB was injured 2 weeks ago and is out for the season, hence the pounding by James Madison, who has a very good team and won their division in SBC. Not bad for a 1AA program that just moved up this year. Given the choice between Albuquerque and New Orleans give me gumbo. I am afraid that our dismal attendance at last years "Frisco Made Up Bowl" will be used against us as regards an invitation to First Responder or Armed Forces Bowl. UTSA,on the other hand, traveled pretty well to Frisco last year.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Every bowl could say that except the Bahama bowl, Hawaii bowl.  

Part of the Frisco bowl last year it was thrown together so fast and disorganized.  Remember we sold our allocation very fast  but then stopped dead its track.  maybe people got confused and thought game was sold out because of the selling out of the allocation.  

Or maybe are students and alumni are apathetic.   I am leaning toward this one.     

Anyway they did not miss a thing.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, gordo nation said:

Go ahead and tell me which one looks more vibrant and cultured... The bustling, people friendly, exciting streets of New Orleans, or the giant parking garage known as Dallas481000546_NewOrleans.jpeg.af2065a9162356f35a9ea56dee10a55b.jpeg

1726501162_ScreenShot2022-11-29at1_55_10PM.png.34cb4b55f17293230306b24d585562de.png

guessing you dont spend much time in downtown Dallas, there is a lot of foot traffic downtown these day, lots bars and restaurants, AT&T discovery district is packed daily, plus just a trolley ride away from up town

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Not confident in our competitiveness, but I would prefer this game. Air Force hasn't really blown anyone away with their scoring this year but they don't give up many points. And I don't trust our defense to stop them consistently on the ground.

Is there anyone you would feel confident in playing in a bowl game.  I thought last year got the monkey off our back but nope flat as always

• Upvote 1

Buncha suburbanites and local yokels debating the merits of cities they spend so little time in...

I generally think of New Orleans as overrated but the last time I was down there was with old friends of my fiance and we stayed in the Bywater and that felt way more authentically New Orleans than Bourbon Street. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/29/2022 at 11:00 AM, VideoEagle said:

For those who have been to a New Orleans Bowl, I strongly recommend the experience. New Orleans is great the week before Christmas - not packed but everything is open. There is a reason NOLA is one of the top tourist and convention destinations in America. Albuquerque is not! 

I'd be happy with either of those destinations, a local bowl, or even Shreveport. ESPN seems to own all the smaller bowls so anything is possible.

I would prefer though to play against somebody that hasn't clobbered us recently in a bowl game.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

Buncha suburbanites and local yokels debating the merits of cities they spend so little time in...

I generally think of New Orleans as overrated but the last time I was down there was with old friends of my fiance and we stayed in the Bywater and that felt way more authentically New Orleans than Bourbon Street. 

Bywater is great.  
Frenchman St. >>>> Bourbon St.

• Upvote 1