McMurphy projecting us to New Orleans against Coastal

meangreenfaninno

41 minutes ago, gordo nation said:

Says the Texan that is obsessed with suburban sprawl dominated by dull, 98 lane highways... I'm sure you find plenty of "culture" driving your F-150 to the mega Walmart every weekend

New Orleans = Ambulance rescue shows , bums, drug addicts, overpriced drinks and the smell of a dumpster in the air...

Edited by Big Z
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

Please don't pair us with Costal Carolina it will not be pretty.  Costal beat a FCS school, Army, Buffalo, Georgia State,  Georgia Southern, LA-Monroe, Marshall, App State, Southern Miss.

The two games they were lost were to Old Dominion (47-21) and James Madison (47-7).  When they lose they lose big.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

Dallas is a business city, as is almost every city in Texas. They're built to prevent any form of livability or neighborhoods from existing within the urban core. That's why downtown is so dull and lackluster, it's meant for suburbanites to drive through and work, nothing more

• Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 7

2 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Tell me you haven't lived in Dallas long without telling me. 

Sure, maybe our downtown isn't NYC or NOLA or whatever, but man has it come a LONG way since I grew up here in the 80's, when it essentially vacated humanity after dark. That entire area has progressed so so so far in the last few decades it's not even funny. I have friends living and working in buildings downtown you wouldn't have imagined existing back in the day. Don't get me started on Oak Cliff/Bishop Arts, et. al. 

Weird that a kid recently relocated from Kansas doesn’t quite have his finger on the pulse of living here yet, yet somehow has the unearned confidence of a touring Hamilton company understudy during flu season. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Tell me you haven't lived in Dallas long without telling me. 

Sure, maybe our downtown isn't NYC or NOLA or whatever, but man has it come a LONG way since I grew up here in the 80's, when it essentially vacated humanity after dark. That entire area has progressed so so so far in the last few decades it's not even funny. I have friends living and working in buildings downtown you wouldn't have imagined existing back in the day. Don't get me started on Oak Cliff/Bishop Arts, et. al. 

Deep Ellum even has this weird combination of gentrification, music, food and getting shot that is quite unique

• Haha 3
  • Oh Boy! 1

And there’s nothing “cultural” about Bourbon Street. The last 4-5 times I’ve been to New Orleans I didn’t step foot down there.  

I do love New Orleans as a whole though. It is a unique city and the food is phenomenal. Their WW2 museum is one of the best museums I’ve ever been to. I must’ve spent 3 hours in there. 

But please, that doesn’t mean a large part of the French Quarter isn’t a dump. Of course it is….

• Upvote 7
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

Please don't pair us with Costal Carolina it will not be pretty.  Costal beat a FCS school, Army, Buffalo, Georgia State,  Georgia Southern, LA-Monroe, Marshall, App State, Southern Miss.

The two games they were lost were to Old Dominion (47-21) and James Madison (47-7).  When they lose they lose big.

I believe their starting qb was out during their losses. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Big Z said:

Since when has North Field Street been the main attraction for Dallas? lol

Worked in Dallas for over twenty years, downtown Dallas is dead after 5:00 on workdays and not much better on the weekends. 

So pick your street, Main, Commerce, etc. not a lot of difference. 

During the workday. downtown Dallas  is a great place to be, other than getting there and out.  

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

We don’t travel.

I liked the New Orleans Bowl trip. My family had fun and I ate food that was good. 

I liked the HOD Bowl too. It was close and all of our cheap ~~poor~~ alumni could attend. We packed that place. It was a good time. 

Frisco Classic was a pandemic bowl so I don’t care about the attendance. 

To me, the destination of the season is San Antonio for the chance at hardware. 

2) NOB

3) HOD/Frisco/Armed Forces/Made up DFW Bowl/Servpro

4) New Mexico

5) Fill in (Camellia, Boca Raton, BHam, fenway, what have you)

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

Deep Ellum even has this weird combination of gentrification, music, food and getting shot that is quite unique

Deep Ellum circa 2014-2018 was awesome. Back when all the restaurants were starting to open up, bars were never too crazy, and you didn’t have to worry for your life. 

• Puking Eagle 1

Well crap. I’ve really loved living in Frisco the last decade plus too. Always thought it was a pretty great place to live! I’m just striking out all over the place on this thread liking places! I love New Orleans too! Aw, crap! Guess I just don’t know anything! 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • RV 1

9 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

For those who have been to a New Orleans Bowl, I strongly recommend the experience. New Orleans is great the week before Christmas - not packed but everything is open. There is a reason NOLA is one of the top tourist and convention destinations in America. Albuquerque is not! 

Amen brother. New Orleans is a class city. There is not much in Albuquerque.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, gordo nation said:

Go ahead and tell me which one looks more vibrant and cultured... The bustling, people friendly, exciting streets of New Orleans, or the giant parking garage known as Dallas481000546_NewOrleans.jpeg.af2065a9162356f35a9ea56dee10a55b.jpeg

1726501162_ScreenShot2022-11-29at1_55_10PM.png.34cb4b55f17293230306b24d585562de.png

Makes me believe you have never been to NO, and possibly don't live in Dallas.  Perhaps you searched Google images for "show me concrete in Dallas" to make this post?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2