Omaha (12/3/22)

CMJ

6 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Currently has more points than Perry with 7:54 to go... But he definitely has performance anxiety. He hits shots in practice pretty well.

Scored a ton of points in high school.  Agree he still looks frantic out there.  Keep thinking he’s gonna break through just hasn’t happened. 

3 minutes ago, GreenBacker said:

Scored a ton of points in high school.  Agree he still looks frantic out there.  Keep thinking he’s gonna break through just hasn’t happened. 

If he finishes the game, this could be that break through in a low pressure situation. This is great foe our young guys. I'd love to see him to double figures.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Y'all are so silly trashing Stone so early in his career. The guy will be good for us.

I agree. I think he's a decent defender. And occasionally gets a few threes. He just needs to take em when he gets a decent look.

They also put Stone in the gym over the off season. He put some muscle on himself.  I wish they had had Scott in there with Stone putting some weight on.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, meangreanmick said:

Well, they put him on 23 who appears to be their best player, so I am going to say defense.

He is one of the 3 best defensive players on the team, and very tough on the boards for a Guard.  We all hope his shot starts coming through, but he does add a lot of non-scoring value.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Shark84 said:

Mac said he was sick but wanted to try and play. 

Thank you for confirming that, I hadnt heard that.  For some reason I got a downvote for just asking the question.  He definitely did not seem like he was at his usual energy and seemed like they subbed him in and out far more frequently than normal.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

We started out so cold again and we should beat these by 50 but we traded a lot of missed basket for the first ten minutes.  The only thing that I saw last night we were not blocking out at the basket.  They got a rebounds that turned into scores.  I remember looking at the stats on the rebound at mid way through the first half and it was like we 20 rebounds and they had 19.

My take-aways from the Omaha game:

1.  Martinez and Eady looked much more comfortable shooting the ball.

2.  Abu played more relaxed and less rushed resulting in probably his best game of the year.

3.  I get the early criticism of Stone, but that young man score 1,700 points in high school.  That's a lot of points, and you just don't forget how to shoot overnight.  He pushes so much on defense and the boards that I think he is having to learn to slow down and play more relaxed on the offensive end.  I hope the two threes he dropped are a sign of him coming around.

4.  I would like to see more of Christian Moore.  Small but he plays the passing lanes well and is fearless shooting the ball with a good stroke.

5.  Would also like to see more of Sissoko.  He produces in limited minutes and looks good at the rim.

6.  Nice to drop 75 when Jones and Perry had two points between them.

7.  Scott is Scott.  Should turn out to be a better version of TBIII.

8.  Huntsberry has some Hamlet to him.  A great find out of the University of Mary.

• Upvote 3